Natural Co2 from well water

Post your tank progress here from day 1.

Natural Co2 from well water

Unread post by Guest »

Many of the forum members may not accept this but this a reality from my experience.

Yes you can maintain about 15 - 25 ppm co2 without adding any means of Co2 supplementation.

I'm living in Kerala. As the natural ponds having a lot of co2 similarly our well water is having good amount of co2. As said earlier you people may not accept this statement but it is true. Whenever I do a 60 or above water change I can see the co2 indicator turning from dark blue to light green even without adding any co2. If I managed to keep the water stagnant it will remain greener. And if I do some surface agitations it will gradually turns to blue.

I think people in Kerala residing at Kottayam district or Western parts of Kerala (maybe whole Kerala) they don't need to add any extra co2 instead keep a 30 percent water change every 4 days or so without surface agitation. I don't know about well water in other places in India or worldwide but our well water is really a Co2 source. It's redsoil at the topmost layer here and below 3 feet or so it's laterite and when go to deep it's like non molten marble stone like soil.

After a lot of surface agitation now my indicator is blue. Maybe at next water change I can prove this.

I must preserve this co2 source lol

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk