eheim classic filter explodes...

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
juanico
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: eheim classic filter explodes...

Unread post by juanico »

apuda2010 wrote:@Juanico....I am intrigued. How is your CO2 reactor connected ? Before the filter or after the filter ? I have a CO2 reactor connected to my Eheim Pro3 on the return line. There is no question of any pressure build up inside the filter.
same here...connected to the return pipe...so far never a problem.
after checking and observing everything my theory is:
the regulator is somehow broken and builds up pressure in the night.
once the solenoid opens in the morning, all the pressured CO2 rushes into the reactor, through the reactor in the filter...that causes a short pressure overload in the canister...

was in chawri bazaar today to get some pneumatic staff and working on it.
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ishaan »

Romi wrote:
aamir wrote:
RemirezyKrazy wrote:@ROMI: I think its high time you tell all of us how to make a DIY filter with eheim like ability..!! :P
:dua :dua :dua :dua :dua :dua :dua :dua :dua
:1

Ashish and Amir, you are forgetting one thing, i offered the Eheim 'tidbit' to a very shy and young person, who i, presumed then, was a newbie. You guys have high standards built over years of fishkeeping, you would pick all kind of holes in its appearance, it's modest materials, its 'gharelupan' :oops: :roll: ...

Amir is the ADA wala, reading pothis on books as a teen ager, and you, sir, are the keeper of dwarf cichlids, a group that only highly learned hobbyists appreciate... so with you, i am wary, very wary... :mrgreen:
what about me :LOL
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

@Juanico - this is not possible. If the CO2 reactor is in the return line , the CO2 , even under severe pressure will escape towards the tank and not run towards the filter head.
juanico

Unread post by juanico »

apuda2010 wrote:@Juanico - this is not possible. If the CO2 reactor is in the return line , the CO2 , even under severe pressure will escape towards the tank and not run towards the filter head.
why not? i am talking of a strong sudden CO2 blow...suddenly the reactor faces a high pressure, the water has to get out of it...in any possible way.
it goes in direction tank but also presses back in the filter. i reproduced this effect 3 times, just to understand what happened.

in the meanwhile i replaced some parts and try to get a stable CO2 flow again. at least the blows do not happen any more.
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

I would still think that there is some problem with the filter head impeller. At full rpm , the head is creating far greater pressure per square inch compared to the flow of CO2. If the CO2 regulator is not dropping the pressure correctly at the `out' line, the first thing to get hit would be the reactor. You will hear a loud `swoooosh' sound once every few minutes as gas accumulates and is released again.