Automatic Water Change

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
Meem
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Automatic Water Change

Unread post by Meem »

Is any body is doing automatic water change in their tank so please give some side effects of automatic WC(If Any) and please tell the experiences weather its good or bad
you can tell your process of WC it is 100% acceptable or can place idea :idea:
I'm whAt I'm !
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: Automatic Water Change

Unread post by marsaiko »

I think Aamir does automatic change, he evaporates the water with fan, then pours water. So half automatica actually.
experts can help us here how good is

just goge it and found this 50$(50 X50=2500rup)
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/foru ... ystem.html
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
nash81
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nash81 »

hi,

I have done many for clients, just setting up one at the store, once the RO unit comes in place. The water will be changed 30% every four hours accross all tanks at my store controlled with float falves and solenoids, the RO unit will then pump water into the tank. With the same system am also doing one tank which will keep changing water round the clock. around 5ltrs/hr. Around 120ltrs a day.

There are no disadvantages otherwise, however to remove certain detrius you may still have to go the manual route.

Regards
Nirav.

Regards
bmukh
Experts
Experts

Unread post by bmukh »

marsaiko wrote:I think Aamir does automatic change, he evaporates the water with fan, then pours water. So half automatica actually.
experts can help us here how good is

just goge it and found this 50$(50 X50=2500rup)
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/foru ... ystem.html
Top offs are not equivalent, infact you need more frequent and large volume water changes because the water evaporates and not he toxins present in the water! Thus, making them present in much higher concentration. Therefore, (assuming) you do 5% top up every day (due to evaporation)....in my tank it is close to 10% a day, do atleast 25 to 30% water change twice a week if possible.
nash81
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nash81 »

There is a difference between Automatic Water Top Off and Automatic Water changer. Topoff is largely used in marine tanks to maintain the sailinity levels of evaporated water, changer can be used in both and meant to change the water.

Regards
Nirav.
Meem
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Meem »

so these are answers to the threat but surely some answer was thrilling,,
the best WC video is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwDmMq-dbwk this will help a lot
I'm whAt I'm !
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

@Meem - the video on Youtube is actually quite a misleading one. Connecting electronic motors to drain water and refill is a sign of complete laziness and very low involvement in the hobby.

Please read the comments of Bappa and Nirav. A water change is done to restore the mineral balance of the tank. This should be a manual process irrespective of where you stay and the quality of water in your area.

A top off can be automated , but only to refill water lost by evaporation.

The chap in the video has discus in the tank. I have discus in a planted tank. I can tell you that if the water is not changed every week by 25% and the dirt vaccumed out , the discus fins start getting frayed - a sign of increase alkalinity of the water.
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

apuda2010 wrote:@Meem - the video on Youtube is actually quite a misleading one. Connecting electronic motors to drain water and refill is a sign of complete laziness and very low involvement in the hobby.

Please read the comments of Bappa and Nirav. A water change is done to restore the mineral balance of the tank. This should be a manual process irrespective of where you stay and the quality of water in your area.

The chap in the video has discus in the tank. I have discus in a planted tank. I can tell you that if the water is not changed every week by 25% and the dirt vaccumed out , the discus fins start getting frayed - a sign of increase alkalinity of the water.
i don't quite agree to these points. every serious hobbyist aim to maintain the best water parameter in his tank and automatizing the water changes can help to achieve it and it can buy you more time to dedicate on other aspects. for eg. most of us use light timer.so does it lowers our involvement with the hobby just because we don't switch on and off the lights. on the other hand it helps in providing a better environment for the flora and fauna.
Sushant
Meem
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Meem »

apuda2010 wrote:@Meem - the video on Youtube is actually quite a misleading one. Connecting electronic motors to drain water and refill is a sign of complete laziness and very low involvement in the hobby.

so it clearly define that if you own a planted tank you'll not put timer on it :roll
I'm whAt I'm !
marsaiko

Unread post by marsaiko »

nash81 wrote:I have done many for clients,
wow, do they run througout year without any issue? please post few detailed pictures of your setups :clp

apuda2010 wrote: - the video on Youtube is actually quite a misleading one. Connecting electronic motors to drain water and refill is a sign of complete laziness and very low involvement in the hobby.
I heard such statement from other highly experienced hobbiest as well, not clear of reason though.
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!