Help Needed: Installing fan

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
sidpatnaik
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Help Needed: Installing fan

Unread post by sidpatnaik »

thanks for your ideas. Installing the fans as illustrated in the diagram may not be feasible as once you shut the hood, it faces the panel which houses the filteration chamber. The air will not reach the water!
Dabbu3288
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Dabbu3288 »

What is your livestock?? If you don't have any fishes that are susceptible to jumping? Then you can probably design a custom hood which will have both the fan and lights in them.
Have a product to sell online? Searching for an affiliate marketer? Want web traffic at your site? Looking for a SEO?
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

sidpatnaik wrote:thanks for your ideas. Installing the fans as illustrated in the diagram may not be feasible as once you shut the hood, it faces the panel which houses the filteration chamber. The air will not reach the water!
can you post a pic of the tank from above? in the filter chamber is open you can drill a hole just above it and install a fan there blowing over the filter.
Sushant
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by marsaiko »

Dabbu3288 wrote:What is your livestock??
I think he wants to keep it secret buddy... even I asked same he dint mention. :oops:
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
Dabbu3288
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Dabbu3288 »

Oh! Then it must be something very enviable I suppose.
Have a product to sell online? Searching for an affiliate marketer? Want web traffic at your site? Looking for a SEO?
sidpatnaik
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

ha ha...my livestock has perished over the last month or so...lost an auratus, 2 ruby sharks., I think it was the temperature. I am now left with 1 goldfish (koi variety), 1 black widow tetra, 1 Trichogaster gourami, 1 dwraf gourami.
marsaiko

I think your gold fish killed your auratus, are you feeding them all properly?
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
sidpatnaik
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

No, the goldy variety is calm, its quite big so no one bullies it. Feed them twice daily..auratus didnot show any specific signs of distress before its demise.

As far as the hood goes, I have today given it to nirav for retrofitting a fan with suitable modification. Shall update with pic next week.
marsaiko

Sid, hope you dint mind my previous two cranky posts, but was just to help you realize few things.

1.What I was tyring to tell you is Goldies are cold water fish meaning they ll hate the warm waters. Hence they are the ones to get affected FIRSTand adults/big fish are the first to succumb.

2.Your auratus(mbunas) are tropical fish which means they stay in tropical climate, bearing such temperatures is quite easy for them.

Hence its better if you look beyond just the cooling factor being reason for deaths, from what atleast I see heat is not the killing factor you have currently, 32deg is plain fine in tropics atleast in Chennai, most probablly where most of your fish were born.

...anyway ATB with the retro
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

marsaiko wrote:Sid, hope you dint mind my previous two cranky posts, but was just to help you realize few things.

1.What I was tyring to tell you is Goldies are cold water fish meaning they ll hate the warm waters. Hence they are the ones to get affected FIRSTand adults/big fish are the first to succumb.

2.Your auratus(mbunas) are tropical fish which means they stay in tropical climate, bearing such temperatures is quite easy for them.

Hence its better if you look beyond just the cooling factor being reason for deaths, from what atleast I see heat is not the killing factor you have currently, 32deg is plain fine in tropics atleast in Chennai, most probablly where most of your fish were born.

...anyway ATB with the retro
:1
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60