Help Needed: Installing fan

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
sidpatnaik
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Help Needed: Installing fan

Unread post by sidpatnaik »

Dear Friends,

I have a BAO LAI R6 HIGH ARCHED AQUARIUM TANK HR3580, SIZE: 580*290*500MM & VOL.: 75L.

Due to the unbearable heat thesedays, the temperature of my tank is around 32 deg c. Since there are no plants, I don't keep the lights switched on at all. Further, there is no AC in the room. So, at present I keep the hood open and the ceiling fan switched on.

I want to install an aquarium fan in my tank, but I am little clueless as to how to install one. I am attaching the photo of my hood.
Can you please advise how can I install a fan in this setup? Which make of fan can I fit in and where can I fit it in?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Sid
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Help Needed: Installing fan

Unread post by ishaan »

i think to install any cooling fan(DIY or branded) you will have to keep the hood open. but hobbyist who are having this type of tanks can guide you better
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Opening hood is not a good idea.

Look both the side of hood. There is some space to passing air inside the aquarium. You can install two C.P.U. fans in both the side. Direction of air should be on the water surface.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

SCORPIO wrote:Opening hood is not a good idea.

Look both the side of hood. There is some space to passing air inside the aquarium. You can install two C.P.U. fans in both the side. Direction of air should be on the water surface.

or you can choose one of them to remove the humid air from the tank to increase the rate of evaporation.
Sushant
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by marsaiko »

sidpatnaik wrote:Due to the unbearable heat thesedays, the temperature of my tank is around 32 deg c. Since there are no plants, I don't keep the lights switched on at all. Further, there is no AC in the room. So, at present I keep the hood open and the ceiling fan switched on.
just want to understand more, so what do you keep instead? not sure if you should worry too much if you have tropical fish and no plants.

Also good to check the temperature with another thermometer and confirm.
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

marsaiko wrote:
Also good to check the temperature with another thermometer and confirm.
No need of checking the temperature with another thermometer. In Delhi/N.C.R. area without fans aquarium temperature swing between 30-32 degree Celsius. :adore
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

asheesh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by asheesh »

this is what you can do
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image
marsaiko

Unread post by marsaiko »

Asheesh, Nice diagram :clp :goodpost
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

asheesh wrote:this is what you can do

I have also advised for the same.

Dabbu3288
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Dabbu3288 »

The good thing about Delhi summers is that the humidity levels are quite low. So adding a fan can get your temperature down to about 25-26.
Have a product to sell online? Searching for an affiliate marketer? Want web traffic at your site? Looking for a SEO?