My current American Cichlid setup

Forum for discussion on Cichlids.
maheep007
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: My current American Cichlid setup

Unread post by maheep007 »

Romi wrote:wht a nice tank, maheep.

can u make a background with rocks/slate or something, it will take the tank up several notches instantly! Take some close ups of your fish for us :clap
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maheep007
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

marsaiko wrote:this is sheer luxory boss, keep it up
very interesting shades on the hood
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Your fishes also healthy and beautiful. After adding some rocks and woods, this will be a ideal cichlid setup. Keep it up. :thumup
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

the tank looks great. i especially liked the green terror. arrange the wood in such a way to make it look more voluminous or add more wood. along with it i'll also suggest to go with Abhi's idea at the beginning of this post.
Sushant
Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhi »

That's a lovely EBJD, love the GT also the whole setup is soothing but somehow seems incomplete. Keep trying you'll get to the point where it's going to be a great tank.
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
maheep007
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

SCORPIO wrote:Your fishes also healthy and beautiful. After adding some rocks and woods, this will be a ideal cichlid setup. Keep it up. :thumup
Used to have lots of rocks and driftwood, then got tired of the overfilled look, & thought these are american cichlids, they needed more space n open areas to sim, as they are not really hiders like their african cousins, behaviour too is very different. So got this idea of creating an island look with a heap of driftwood & rocks in one corner & slowly tapering off to the other corner, leaving open space as well as some decor. Still not done on this one, even i'm not satisfied, lets see what else can be done.
maheep007
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Abhi wrote:That's a lovely EBJD, love the GT also the whole setup is soothing but somehow seems incomplete. Keep trying you'll get to the point where it's going to be a great tank.
I used to be crazy for the EBJD, but these fish are too much delicate and expensive, this one is my 6th i think, so far its doing ok, but if one day it stops eating and starts acting funny, i wouldn't be too surprised, supposedly they have stomach disorder/parasite issues, most die by the time they reach 4".
@ Sushant - Thank you for compliments :), somehow i feel too much wood (like i used to do before) limits the space inside and doent do these big fish justice, still i agree a little more driftwood n rocks needed, thanx for everyones inputs and compliments.
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

your setup is too good, but if you can balance with 2-3pices of more rocks I believe it will look better, IMHO,

Though not an expert still want to clarify, have consider any hiding place for your fishes??? Or they dont require!!!
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
anuragsonik
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by anuragsonik »

maheep007 wrote:
SCORPIO wrote:Your fishes also healthy and beautiful. After adding some rocks and woods, this will be a ideal cichlid setup. Keep it up. :thumup
Used to have lots of rocks and driftwood, then got tired of the overfilled look, & thought these are american cichlids, they needed more space n open areas to sim, as they are not really hiders like their african cousins, behaviour too is very different. So got this idea of creating an island look with a heap of driftwood & rocks in one corner & slowly tapering off to the other corner, leaving open space as well as some decor. Still not done on this one, even i'm not satisfied, lets see what else can be done.
+1, Beautiful Setup & Fishes. Maheep Bro, keep trying different rearrangement of DW & rocks till you acheive something that please you. IMHO it is actually dificult with this tank size to have seamless things placement to achieve the desired look but not impossible, with your efforts you can definetly do that very soon. Great going.....

Regards,
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by marsaiko »

what is that black fish with white dots, is that also texas
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!