My current American Cichlid setup

Forum for discussion on Cichlids.
rocky2
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: My current American Cichlid setup

Unread post by rocky2 »

really liked ur setup can u show the paratalapia polleni real close and i really like ur green terror i m a big fan of this fish ..how long u have been keeping thsi
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by marsaiko »

this foroum has dirty capabilty to transform your tank to planted tank... be a purist be different :twisted:

many opinions, but I liked the bare look more bro. If rocks werent there would looks more cool. :thumup

BTW this is the place for your ANUBIAS rather than the gutter
http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=44
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
maheep007
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by maheep007 »

Hi Rocky, i've had this GT since 15 months, got it @ 5"approx. and now its 9"plus. Polleni i got around 3"about 5-6 months bk n now i think its 6" plus. Thank you for appreciating the tank :)

Hey Marsaiko, i've tried everything, from planted to bare bottom to stone only to driftwood only to a combo of all :), each has its own charm, and frankly i get tired of a setup in 2-3 months n then i go for a change.

About a week back i added cashew leaves to the setup to give it a more natural swampy feel, n dimmed out lights to 5 watt, the floating leaves further block direct light hitting the base of the tank, fish r more relaxed and overall it looks more natural, i'm attaching a few pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Nice one. :clp
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
maheep007
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Here 2 more of them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rocky2
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rocky2 »

hi i really liked your setup man and i see u got a jag too ...can you share some more polleni shots i really like this fish but have seen have few of them and as this a endangered species i would like to keep this specimen well i got 3 with the intend of making a pair but unfortunately 1 died after 2 days 1 died after jumping out of the tank and i mm left with one .ur jd looks goodand GT is awsum looking...scape looks good:) :clp :clap

Next time you change your can you try some thing like lets say start with a drift wood section than giving away too a rocky patch and then some open sand strech may v=be few plants in between here and there.. i was thinking of that scape but my tank is kinda a small being a 4 footer for this scpe to look gud @least 6 is minimum wat i feel ......
marsaiko

Unread post by marsaiko »

for thoze big sized blokes cashew will not suffice, you ll need hackfruit or teak leaves :twisted:
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
maheep007
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

rocky2 wrote:hi i really liked your setup man and i see u got a jag too ...can you share some more polleni shots i really like this fish but have seen have few of them and as this a endangered species i would like to keep this specimen well i got 3 with the intend of making a pair but unfortunately 1 died after 2 days 1 died after jumping out of the tank and i mm left with one .ur jd looks goodand GT is awsum looking...scape looks good:) :clp :clap

Next time you change your can you try some thing like lets say start with a drift wood section than giving away too a rocky patch and then some open sand strech may v=be few plants in between here and there.. i was thinking of that scape but my tank is kinda a small being a 4 footer for this scpe to look gud @least 6 is minimum wat i feel ......
Hey Rock, yeah when it comes to tanks, sky is the limit. My ambition (sometime in future) is to set up a 12-15 footer, 6 feet looks baby to me now. Yes i got the Jag 15-20 days ago, its a juvenile but shows its 'aukat' every now n then by chasing other small or similar sized fish, and it loves feeders, not that i feed them feeders too much. I'll try to get some more shots of polleni today. Its supposed to be a hard fish, juveniles come in silver colour. Sometime back almost all stores had juvenile polleni, i guess its being bred commercially, so its good they r not catching the wild specimens. JD too is a kid @ 2" and EBJD is a little over 3" my GT is almost the oldest member of the tank, got this tank started last May, n he was one of the 1st occupants, others have come n gone, he's here, n he will be. :) For plants, i'll need an appropriate substrate, unless ur suggesting anubias, and then again ill need more light and temp control, over all maintenance will go up, right now i'm focussing on low maintainence, i hv a planted tank too in which my passion for plants is seen, u can see pics of my planted tank too. The type ur suggesting, i think i did something close to it, see my earlier setup pics in this thread only
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

Good setup :)
maaz

Unread post by maaz »

very nice setup