Need Help Urgently..!

Forum for discuss on freshwater diseases cure.
bhupeshkhanna
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Need Help Urgently..!

Unread post by bhupeshkhanna »

@sai - As i said i have purchased (In-Transit) a new 300 gallon i.e. 8 feet tank.. So i hope i can keep my Pacu safe and playable in the their new big home..Even if they outgrow that as Apuda2010 said I'll then donate it to a public aquarium..

@Apuda2010 - I didn't know there is a public aquarium in India gate.. Where is it..please guide to keep in my records..

@All - My Pacu is doing better in the hospital tank.. Now he comes out from the hide and swim in the tank.. though still he does not it.. May be he gets much better with time... But today i have seen one of my Oscar is very lethargic and is staying mostly at one place only.. he did not eat as well today (though he ate last night).. I am 100% sure its not bullying or fighting at all.. as i am in front of my aquarium most of the time in a day.. Oscar has no scars, no fin rots, nothing bad at all on his body... Don't know whats going on...Please advise what to do.. I know tank is small enough to house all these fishes but i have to wait at-least 40 - 45 days to get the 8 feet tank.. till then what to do?? as i don't want to lose my fishes.. They are beautiful and so friendly.. they are so responsive.. You know my oscar's let me pet them.. I call them and they come on the top of the tank and i pet them and when i stop petting them they just go back ... please help..... please advise what to do until i get my new big tank..

Thanks in advance...
Bhupesh
bhupeshkhanna
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Hello to all my friends..! I did a 50% water change..and installed a heater.. And my Oscar is back to life.. Will try give her a good meal and i hope she will eat as well.. :) .. And even my Pacu in hospital tank started eating today... I am happy...:) i'll keep my Pacu in hospital tank until my big tank arrives...

A big thank you to all for your suggestions and advise...

Thanks
Bhupesh
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

Bhupesh i'm really sorry to say that the idea to buy a fish that will outgrow the existing tank and then might be given and accepted by a public aquarium doesn't appeals to me on the first place.

what if the public aquarium won't agree or don't have space to keep your fish. (because there are many hobbyist who go with the same idea, so just imagine how many fish would be there waiting for adoption by the Public aquarium and then ultimately die or end up in a lake/river thus destroying natural ecosystem.
Sushant
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by saikumar »

sushant wrote:Bhupesh i'm really sorry to say that the idea to buy a fish that will outgrow the existing tank and then might be given and accepted by a public aquarium doesn't appeals to me on the first place.

what if the public aquarium won't agree or don't have space to keep your fish. (because there are many hobbyist who go with the same idea, so just imagine how many fish would be there waiting for adoption by the Public aquarium and then ultimately die or end up in a lake/river thus destroying natural ecosystem.
+1 to you Sushant.
also the 300gal is gonna be small soonIMO.
But looks like he doesn't have an option anyway now, as he is commited to the fish. :(
bhupeshkhanna
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

@Sushant & Saikumar - I have planned things as my brother is on a very senior level in JW Marriot hotel and they have a huge aquarium in their hotel (approx 1000 gallons).. And once my Pacu outgrow my 300 gallon tank i'll shift him to the Marriot hotel tank..

Moreover i don't want to return my fish back to the pet store because firstly, they gave it to me without telling me the truth that this fish is not suitable for this tank size and secondly when i told my per store owner about my sick Pacu he very casually said throw him as he will never recover. They just want to sell fishes and make profits and they hardly care for them.. So no point i am returning him back to pet store for dying...
jibran_shariff
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by jibran_shariff »

Your mix of fish if the root of your problems

In a 300 gallon a pacu will take quite some time before it would outgrow it

But your Oscars are no match along with the pacu
Pacus are great fish if you have the space for them

Your smaller pacu is not eating because of stress may be because of the move or because of the small space it is scared