LED light

Post the details about DIY Projects.
sushant

Re: LED light

Unread post by sushant »

syed.ali wrote:Cool, these are 3 watt LED correct.

Also what is the driver you are using as in the picture, it looks same size as the blast.
yes they are 3W LED.
It runs on a waterproof LED driver which was claimed to be Taiwanese (but i doubt it) and is meant for 7-10 LED strings running at 700mAH current
Sushant
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

SCORPIO wrote: I am using a 5.5 watt adapter. First LED direct attached to adapter all of others are attached together with same terminal mince positive to positive and negative to negative. All of these LEDs has been attached to first LED with different terminals such as positive to negative and negative to positive. Now input has been divided into two equal parts. SMPS is the best option. Now I will try to use SMPS
you cannot drive them on full potential using this parallel circuit method because most of the mobile charger deliver .5-1 amp of current. Assuming you are driving "X" LED and the resistance is the same in each path then each LED will receive only 0.5/X or 1/X Amps which would be much less compared to the Ideal current of 700mAh or 0.7 Amps.also like all the semi conductor device LEDs are current driven and require exact Amperage to work efficiently.

if possible try posting a pics of your leds so that we can try to figure out the problems with them
Sushant
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

In the meet, I will bring all the LEDs. You have to joint those in proper manner. I will take those in my Faridabad visit or in next meet. What do you think?
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
syed.ali
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by syed.ali »

If you use the link i pasted, it is shows do to join them too and it help you understand the difference between the Parallel and series circuit also.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Branded LEDs are 3-4 times expensive in comparison of Chinese LEDs. There is no any difference in lighting in branded and Chinese LEDs.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

SCORPIO wrote:In the meet, I will bring all the LEDs. You have to joint those in proper manner. I will take those in my Faridabad visit or in next meet. What do you think?
you are always invited :)
Sushant
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

good thread, thanks to sushant. One and a half years on the sme LEDs shows they are worth the price many times over... Wish it was posible to use them without a driver. Will a single LED also need a heat sink and driver? Or can i use a mobile charger for one or two??
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

rajiv,
Wish i had also seen ur LEDs when i was there last time..
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

Romi wrote:good thread, thanks to sushant. One and a half years on the sme LEDs shows they are worth the price many times over... Wish it was posible to use them without a driver. Will a single LED also need a heat sink and driver? Or can i use a mobile charger for one or two??
yes they can be driven using a mobile charger or any similar device, the only thing that should be taken care of is that the current should not have a large difference from the optimal value (usually 700 mA for 3W led)
Sushant
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

Really nice work buddy :)