150 gallon reef tank in the making

Forum for discus about various Fish, Corals, Anemones, Invertebrates etc.
aquascapist
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: 150 gallon reef tank in the making

Unread post by aquascapist »

yes thats fire and ice sp.
Here is a small feeding video i uploaded. https://vimeo.com/243795581
Warm Regards,
Aditya
aquascapist
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: RE: Re: 150 gallon reef tank in the making

sushant wrote:
aquascapist wrote:zoa garden in the works. Im still acquiring some exotics. Not easy to come by! Have managed to collect 13 of them so far. Probably should do a macro shot of all zoas!
This is exciting.13 is good number I have only managed to get 4. Can see some beautiful zoas in the pic but unfortunately it's not very close. Will be waiting for macro pics.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk
Awesome.. Im always willing to exchange or trade frags. I'll post some macro shots soon
Warm Regards,
Aditya
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

aquascapist wrote:
sushant wrote:
aquascapist wrote:zoa garden in the works. Im still acquiring some exotics. Not easy to come by! Have managed to collect 13 of them so far. Probably should do a macro shot of all zoas!
This is exciting.13 is good number I have only managed to get 4. Can see some beautiful zoas in the pic but unfortunately it's not very close. Will be waiting for macro pics.

Awesome.. Im always willing to exchange or trade frags. I'll post some macro shots soon
Waiting pictures.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sushant

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 150 gallon reef tank in the making

Unread post by sushant »

aquascapist wrote:
sushant wrote:

I Will love to but at this point out is far fetched dream for me my system it's only couple of months old.

My fire and ice looks very different than yours, its tentacles are round while in your case it looks pointed.Image

Sushant
stefanm
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by stefanm »

Very nice, just read the whole thread, I'm in the process of building a diy 75 US gallon reef tank. Right now I'm building LED pendants with a full tank controller arduino based.
Taking some inspiration from your build, still trying to figure where to source livestock and some accessories from, doesn't seem to be a very popular hobby in India, I don't think there is a single lfs here in Goa that stocks anything to do with marine aquaria :cry:
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

That's great, I love DIY projects but thanks to my poor coding skills I never manger to get my arduino projects running.

Sushant
stefanm
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by stefanm »

Lol, I'm using someone else's code, all conveniently in a HEX file, so no messing around, if you Google kapelan controller you'll find the thread on RC. Only issues I've had is the screen I got is faulty, still awaiting a replacement from Tanotis, I bought another screen locally which worked great, unfortunately whilst troubleshooting my lights, a stray 48 vdc +ve wire shorted out the rtc, took out the arduino, the touch shield and the screen, so back to waiting for the replacement touch screen, everything else I have bought replacements, hopefully by next week, I've finished wiring the LED's properly and tested with my multimeter. Diy rocks are ready most have been curing for 16 weeks, I'll start a thread once I make some more progress.
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

stefanm wrote:Lol, I'm using someone else's code, all conveniently in a HEX file, so no messing around, if you Google kapelan controller you'll find the thread on RC. Only issues I've had is the screen I got is faulty, still awaiting a replacement from Tanotis, I bought another screen locally which worked great, unfortunately whilst troubleshooting my lights, a stray 48 vdc +ve wire shorted out the rtc, took out the arduino, the touch shield and the screen, so back to waiting for the replacement touch screen, everything else I have bought replacements, hopefully by next week, I've finished wiring the LED's properly and tested with my multimeter. Diy rocks are ready most have been curing for 16 weeks, I'll start a thread once I make some more progress.
That's a nice controller, you can even go with "iAqua" which has better interface than this.

Sushant
aquascapist
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

stefanm wrote:Very nice, just read the whole thread, I'm in the process of building a diy 75 US gallon reef tank. Right now I'm building LED pendants with a full tank controller arduino based.
Taking some inspiration from your build, still trying to figure where to source livestock and some accessories from, doesn't seem to be a very popular hobby in India, I don't think there is a single lfs here in Goa that stocks anything to do with marine aquaria :cry:
That's great. All the best to you for an awesome reef in future. I've realised that livestock is hard to come by even here in Delhi. Ultimately, now I prefer taking frags from other hobbyists and then growing them. I hardly buy anything from lfs. If you can make a trip to Mumbai, you will come across a vibrant reefing community. I suggest you make the trip if possible. Ill try and get you connected to lfs or hobbyists in goa.
Warm Regards,
Aditya
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

aquascapist wrote: I've realised that livestock is hard to come by even here in Delhi.
I recently experienced this, I'm struggling to find someone selling snails and other cleaning crew.

Sushant