My Shrimp Tank

Forum for discuss freshwater/ Brackish Invertebrates.
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: My Shrimp Tank

Unread post by Abhishek »

I liked your tank but here are some pointers-

Change the filter either to an HOB(and cover the inlet with a mosquito net) or a corner filter, so that your shrimp-lets doesn't got sucked.

Now coming out to the color aspect-
1. White or Yellow colored substrate doesn't belong out the best of the color its not true, the issue with a black substrate is that is the contrast. I have kept crs in bare bottom tanks where they look as good as in ADA.
2. To improve or get more red out of your rcs do or look after certain things -
-such as varied diets with algae wafers, ada or mosura pellets.
-introducing shrimps from some other source reason due to excessive in breeding the existing line looses its color and also become fragile.
- use a 65000k light which helps in improving the color intensity ( This i did for my crs to improve the red and white and it worked so can be tried on rcs too)
-Maintain the temperature around 25c, it will help improving the coloration.
-Remove out any potential predators ( the galaxy's) it will help the shrimps settle down quickly and will show their best.
- Removing or feeding out the not so colored-bright off springs, this helps in maintaining the color.

These are some of the points which crossed my mind, will update soon if I remember anything else ;)

Hope this will help!!!
vijendra_s123
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

Abhishek wrote:Change the filter either to an HOB(and cover the inlet with a mosquito net) or a corner filter, so that your shrimp-lets doesn't got sucked.
The filter inlet is already covered by a sponge negating the possibility of shrimplets getting sucked..... :)

I feed them a varied diet comprising Hikari Algae wafers and shrimp cuisine along with boiled spinach.
I have purposely kept the galaxy rasboras' so as to provde them live food (shrimplets) to enhance the possibility of breeding them.
Will surely remove the not so bright-colored off springs as suggested by you....:)

Thanks for the suggestions.......
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

@vijemdra

Aqualandpetsplus recommends carrots, i think! ;)

your moss is outstanding buddy. maybe canister filters keep moss free of dirt? in my tank, java moss gets really dirty.
Abhishek

Unread post by Abhishek »

Keep the water flow near to your moss, then they wont accumulate dirt!!!
Matrix
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Matrix »

Vijendra how was your experience with boiled spinach. How did the shrimps react?
Btw I planning a trip to pune let me know where i can buy rcs & cardinals at cheaper price.
---
Amol
syed.ali

Unread post by syed.ali »

i have tried it and they love it. :)
vijendra_s123

Matrix wrote:Vijendra how was your experience with boiled spinach. How did the shrimps react?
Btw I planning a trip to pune let me know where i can buy rcs & cardinals at cheaper price.
They graze on it like crazy..... sorry Amol read the post now guess you already have visited Pune, but no worries you can take the rcs from me anytime............:)
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

@matrix

that idea about attracting better quality lfs is spot on. i myself thing gaurav shukla from the india gate park shop is a good bet. have already spoken to him when i was there last. but he said so far the forums have done nothing special for him. his father was an early fish hobbyist, even ran a fish magazine in the 80s. good family.

@abhishek

i have air driven sponge filters, so no water flow to speak of except upwards! the eheim 2013 has this pipe (cant recall what it is called) as outlet, not very handy for changing flow stream. but i will keep the tip in mind!
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

@vijendra ji -please repair the links for the images ,i forgot the pic of your tanks
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
vijendra_s123

ishaan wrote:@vijendra ji -please repair the links for the images ,i forgot the pic of your tanks
There is something wrong with the links, will upload new pics of all of my tanks soon..... :)