My Shrimp Tank

Forum for discuss freshwater/ Brackish Invertebrates.
vijendra_s123
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

My Shrimp Tank

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

Hi Guys,

Started this tank 3 mths ago when I got my hands on 10-15 RCS, which I got from Pune during my last visit

Specs:
Tank - 30L Chinese make
Light - 11W CFL running for 6-7hrs a day

Flora –
Anubias Nana
Java Moss
Crypt Wenditi

Fauna-
RCS – 40-50
Celestial Pearl Danios – 6

Zakk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: My Shrimp Tank

Unread post by Zakk »

Nice looking tank.
Just cos it happened to you is no means for you to claim that it will happen to me. Exceptions aren't the rule.

Viresh "The Warbringer" Fleming

eluviet@hotmail.com
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Nice tank!!
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ishaan »

nice looking aquarium :D
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
jack

Unread post by jack »

cool tank, the moss growth is excellent :):)
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

your tank looks very much like mine and i guess with the same problem (shrimps are not very red). though what i have observed that once they are shifted to my ADA tank they turn to bright red in few day, probably there is somthin in the water parameter which determines the color of there shrimp may be its acidicity of water or substrate
Sushant
jack

Unread post by jack »

sushant wrote:your tank looks very much like mine and i guess with the same problem (shrimps are not very red). though what i have observed that once they are shifted to my ADA tank they turn to bright red in few day, probably there is somthin in the water parameter which determines the color of there shrimp may be its acidicity of water or substrate
I agree with you dude, I have many in my 5 feeter which has contro soil and clay soil, the shrimps dosnt show red color, they look pale, but out of the same lot of shrimps shifted few to the nano which has ADA substrate and to my surprise in a day or two theri original color was seen.......
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
maaz

Unread post by maaz »

Wow beautiful tank..love it...
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
vijendra_s123

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

sushant wrote:your tank looks very much like mine and i guess with the same problem (shrimps are not very red). though what i have observed that once they are shifted to my ADA tank they turn to bright red in few day, probably there is somthin in the water parameter which determines the color of there shrimp may be its acidicity of water or substrate
I guess the size of the tank also matters, cause shrimps from the same lot which are into my 4'*2'*2' planted are dark red in color. The tank even has the same substrate, i use tap water for both of them, the food is the same (actually everything is the same except the size of the two tanks) and their is hell lot of a difference in coloration of the shrimps.
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

vijendra_s123 wrote:
I guess the size of the tank also matters, cause shrimps from the same lot which are into my 4'*2'*2' planted are dark red in color. The tank even has the same substrate, i use tap water for both of them, the food is the same (actually everything is the same except the size of the two tanks) and their is hell lot of a difference in coloration of the shrimps.

there are many things that still need to be documented about the mysteries of shrimp colour, tried searching the net but failed to find the detailed explaination for the same.
Sushant