My Crab

Forum for discuss freshwater/ Brackish Invertebrates.
bluearatus
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

My Crab

Unread post by bluearatus »

Hi,

new resident of my tank. the picture is of a the crab eating a bit of raw potato in my tank.

thanks

:thnk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
syed.ali
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: My Crab

Unread post by syed.ali »

the tank looks very small . Which crab it is
shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by shergill00 »

I was also going to ask the same. Please mention tank details as well. Anyone else in forum having experience of keeping crab. Are there any fresh water crabs.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

From where have you brought.

Aamir is keeping a wild caught crab.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
bluearatus
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

i Got it along with a shipment of live black diamond ray. it has been with me since the last 14 months. its a Potamonautes perlatus of Potamonautidae family. Though it has much similarity to the family of Varunidae, commonly found in india and Srilanka.It is in a 3 feet wide tank. and yes, crabs do not need only water to survive, they need land mass as well. I feed them snails, fishes,prawns- both dead and alive, water plants, algae, egg white, potatoes, cucumber and at times other leafy vegetables. their life span is comparatively low, in case land mass is not given, same as the parameters for a turtle.

thanks
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

That is a some useful info, bro.

Hope your crab lives long! I hope you can keep updating this thread about your crab's progress. I have seen live crabs on sale here in Delhi, but due to lack of info on their ID, chose to not buy. I have two leaky tanks, and i was thinking they could be changed to house a crab or two... very interesting creatures, if their needs are met coolbig
bobvin
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by bobvin »

very interesting creature.
bluearatus
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

updates on my crab

updates on my crab. It is still on the same diet, fishes, prawns, vegetables and water plants
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Do you offers it live food or packaged food?
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
bluearatus
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

I prefer live food over packed food. Trying to give it the best natural condition for growth. The crab has been put in the glass tank only for taking snaps. it stays in a 8 feet cemented tank, in the garden, with river fishes and snails in it. Usually, we drop in few dead fishes in the tank, as crabs are scavengers. Though i have seen it hunting and feeding on the river fishes from the tank.

thanks
SCORPIO wrote:Do you offers it live food or packaged food?