Productivity rate of RCS came to low

Forum for discuss freshwater/ Brackish Invertebrates.
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Productivity rate of RCS came to low

Unread post by Kaushik »

I've been keeping red cherry shrimp (RCS ) for the last 1 year. Everything was fine at the beginning, getting at least 50 shrimp-lets per month. But recently their productivity rate dropped drastically .. For the last 3 months I didn't get a single shrimp-lets. I'm maintaining the same tank with adequate diet and calcium supplements. I guess that a new line should be added in order to get a good hatch. Waiting for the experts comments.. Abhishek and Rajivjee please reply.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If you salute your duty, you need not salute anybody. But if you pollute your duty,you have to salute everybody.“
We have a choice. Do what pleases us and then face the consequences or else abide by our duty and stand tall
-A P J Abdul Kalam
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Productivity rate of RCS came to low

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Due to interbreeding, their reproduction has been down. Still small srimplets are generating in your tank but I think they are unable to survive due to low immunity. So add some males from another source. Reproduction will be reappear in your tank. What about the water parameters?
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Vijendra got very deep red RCS by breeding the same line... perhaps his initial stock had a hardy and superior gene pool, but perhaps it was his water change regimen as well.

How often do you do water changes, Kaushikda and what percentage ? Is it possible that you are adding something that has accumulated in this tank over a period and is interfering in the shrimp's well being only now?
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

Kaushik da here are some of the concerns -

1. What is your tank size?
2. What is your water change schedule?
3. What you feed to the babies?
4. How many RCS you have? - Approx.

Once will get to know will tell you the possible solutions :)