RCS

Forum for discuss freshwater/ Brackish Invertebrates.
shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

RCS

Unread post by shergill00 »

Hi All,

I need to find out if there is any particular thing we can feed to get bright red colour in RCS. I had got around 10 pieces from Sahil during my visit to Delhi at Aquapetz meet. Here are few pictures. I have seen in some pictures on net RCS having bright red colour, want the same in mine.

Any suggestions.

Sukhdeep
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ashok
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: RCS

Unread post by Ashok »

Same also with my RCS... :(
Ashok
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Keep them in RO water with moss and non presence of any fish. You may get Red color and enhancement in size in normal food like as tetra bits.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by saikumar »

I think it depends on strain also bro. Some of them like fire red and Sakura are known to be more red. So don't be too much disappointed also if they don't turn red.
aquascapist
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by aquascapist »

saikumar wrote:I think it depends on strain also bro. Some of them like fire red and Sakura are known to be more red. So don't be too much disappointed also if they don't turn red.
:1
ultimately it will depend on the strain...get some fire reds and they will be substantially redder.
Warm Regards,
Aditya
devchitra

Unread post by devchitra »

aquascapist wrote:it will depend on the strain...get some fire reds and they will be substantially redder.
water and food also plays important role.
shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by shergill00 »

Any source from where i can get fire red RCS. I have not been able to find in Chandigarh and neighboring cities.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

I am also agree with all of you that strains plays in important role in colouration but I will try to find some photographs with same species of RCS in different conditions. I am keeping RCS from 6-7 years and found that FOOD and Water Parameters also plays a role in colouration and size.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

SCORPIO wrote:I am also agree with all of you that strains plays in important role in colouration but I will try to find some photographs with same species of RCS in different conditions. I am keeping RCS from 6-7 years and found that FOOD and Water Parameters also plays a role in colouration and size.
They surely do, but genetics plays a major role. The shrimps in the pic are surely looks like they are carrying some good gene
Sushant
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

Keep clean water, good food and do selective breeding for having more red...