Amano Shrimps

Forum for discuss freshwater/ Brackish Invertebrates.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Amano Shrimps

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Amano shrimps (Caridina japonica) are known for eating algae. They are transparent with dotted lines on the body. They eat left food particles, algae etc. and cleans aquarium.
AmanoShrimp.jpg
AmanoShrimp1.jpg
Breeding Amano shrimps is a little bit difficult. Their larva need saltwater to grow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Amano Shrimps

Unread post by Abhishek »

Well I dont like them how they look pretty big and kind of alien, but true they are very much helpful in cleaning algae..
Abhishek

And Rajiv Ji, it would be good to call them as Yamato Shrimps than Amano shrimps.. :)
jack

Unread post by jack »

For me Amanos are very easy shrimps to keep and very hardy aswell.... eats algae and are awesome cleaners....

before i left for holiday i had 10 numbers of this shrimps and now my tank is full of these beauties around 20-25 odd numbers..... dont know why and what happened but they multiplied.... :)
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

jack wrote:For me Amanos are very easy shrimps to keep and very hardy aswell.... eats algae and are awesome cleaners....

before i left for holiday i had 10 numbers of this shrimps and now my tank is full of these beauties around 20-25 odd numbers..... dont know why and what happened but they multiplied.... :)
are you sure they are yamato shrimps because they need saltwater at larva stage. :feedb
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
Abhishek

jack wrote:For me Amanos are very easy shrimps to keep and very hardy aswell.... eats algae and are awesome cleaners....

Post some images of them, I am pretty sure they cant be yamato then..
vijendra_s123
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

One of my Amano's
Abhishek

Lovely good to see so much of shrimp lovers :)
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Nice.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
jack

Unread post by jack »

Abhishek wrote:

Post some images of them, I am pretty sure they cant be yamato then..

Give me a day or two ll post them.... but i am sure those are amanos...... then lets see let the experts comment :)
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D