Delhi/N.C.R. Meet(Proposed)- India Habitat Center

Post and discuss on various events related to hobby.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: Delhi/N.C.R. Meet(Proposed)- Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary

Unread post by Romi »

We can continue to look for better places, but we cannot and should not use the same hobbyist's hospitality over and over. IHC can be such a place, it was meant to be a hub for nature lovers, book lovers, activists, litterateurs, students, local gentry, so why not us?
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

apuda2010 wrote:India Habitat Center is on Lodhi Road, very near to Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium. It has a food court inside (the place is called Eatopia) where we can sit and have coffee etc while chatting up. There are also places to sit outside in the winter sun. There is nothing to see in IHC. It is a convention center which has regular plays, film shows etc. For those interested in wildlife, the great environmentalist George Schaller presented a lecture there sometime back on tiger conservtation. It was an honour for me to shake his hand and speak to him. If we wish , we can also book the auditorium at IHC and ask any one of our learned members to take us through an interesting topic which members can decide on.

I can very easily drop/guide anyone interested to and from CR Park , which is where I stay.

Dada, work more on your suggestion. Make Inquiry on the charges for monthly meet in IHC. We can contribute on basis of donation. Participants will be allowed free of cost. But if anybody want to donate for this, he is most welcome. One of us, can be play the role of cashier to collect the amount. If my proposal is good, post your views or suggest any other option.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Arjun Tandon
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Arjun Tandon »

Romi wrote:We can continue to look for better places, but we cannot and should not use the same hobbyist's hospitality over and over. IHC can be such a place, it was meant to be a hub for nature lovers, book lovers, activists, litterateurs, students, local gentry, so why not us?
Yeah it's a good place to spread awareness among other people and start our activities in public.
The hobbyist meets held at somebody place have their time and space constraints. They can also become very tiring for the host.
In a place like this, we can call our entire aquapetz team at one place.
SCORPIO wrote: Dada, work more on your suggestion. Make Inquiry on the charges for monthly meet in IHC. We can contribute on basis of donation. Participants will be allowed free of cost. But if anybody want to donate for this, he is most welcome. One of us, can be play the role of cashier to collect the amount. If my proposal is good, post your views or suggest any other option.
Good Point scorpio :1 :thumup
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Vokkay....I am on the job as suggested by Rajiv. Will get back with details soon. I will try and block a suitable Sunday so that all can participate. Of course , members can indicate date and time suitable for them.
maaz
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by maaz »

pls update guys when meet is arrange so i get the reservation for me...
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
sam
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sam »

Plan is good.
~Sam, East Delhi
Am just a noob