Assassin snail (Clea helena) breeding. Update 30/05/2013

Forum for discuss freshwater/ Brackish Invertebrates.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Assassin snail (Clea helena) breeding...

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Romi wrote:my assassins laid hundreds of eggs but never saw a baby snail in one year even. I have no coral except some that does not seem to dissolve. will try some eggshell now..
You can add any shell or transfer all the eggs in my tank.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
reckless44
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by reckless44 »

try sinking some cuttle fish bone which also comes at any general merchant shop with name of samudra phena...it will float so you'll need to sink it in with something and will dissolve completely very slowly. ;)
"Hard work is the only investment that never fails in life."
reckless44
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by reckless44 »

even better...go to a chemist shop and buy some nice calcium suppliment for human use and dose a few tablets each week to keep the waters calcium rich...some good brands are osteosolve and shelcal.
"Hard work is the only investment that never fails in life."
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

reckless44 wrote:even better...go to a chemist shop and buy some nice calcium suppliment for human use and dose a few tablets each week to keep the waters calcium rich...some good brands are osteosolve and shelcal.
Do they also work in marine tank to provide calcium for anemone? Can you also suggest me any tablet for iodine supplement?
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

devchitra
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by devchitra »

:offtopic
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Today I count the snails. Before breeding I was have only two adult snails. Now there are 19 snails excluding the parents. All of other snails has been vanished from the tank.
AssasinSnail30052013A.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

reckless44 wrote:try sinking some cuttle fish bone which also comes at any general merchant shop with name of samudra phena...it will float so you'll need to sink it in with something and will dissolve completely very slowly. ;)

any idea where i can find a merchant store selling samudra feni? not available here.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Assassin snail (Clea helena) breeding. Update 30/05/2013

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Romi wrote:ny idea where i can find a merchant store selling samudra feni? not available here.
It is available in the name "Samudra Jhag" in Shahdara.

VishaalDalal

Unread post by VishaalDalal »

SCORPIO wrote:Today I count the snails. Before breeding I was have only two adult snails. Now there are 19 snails excluding the parents. All of other snails has been vanished from the tank.
AssasinSnail30052013A.jpg
19 is a good number now i think you should start distributing them, if you do happen to do so I am first in line