Romifex

Forum for discuss on fish/Invertebrates food.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: Romifex

Unread post by Romi »

deepesh wrote:I will vouch for harvesting often having lost my culture to being greedy and attempting to raise a bumper crop. Compred to a large culture I now believe multiple small to medium cultures are better.

The worms themselves would crawl up the sides of the container when it was time for a water change. As for snails, one or two at the surface is ok as the common aquatic snails breathe air and come regularly to the surface like whales, however a mass migration of snails to the surface means trouble.

I don't know if Romi has figured out a reason why the drawer boxes seem to produce more, just his experience I think. Romi?

I didn't go for the drawer boxes because they take vertical space and when needed I could just push the individual boxes under the box bed which you can't do with drawer boxes. Comes handy when you are surreptiously multiplying your cultures and some guest asks what's that smell. And then you can say "smell? What smell? I don't see anything smelly!"
You are such a gentle soul, yaar. :ugeek:

Snails are not a good idea, i cannot believe Tirthankar suggested it. The volume of water is too small for them. They will suffer and die, 100%.
VishaalDalal
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by VishaalDalal »

ishaan wrote:An update
DSC01980.JPG
Ishaan, finally u got the culture. and it looks great too
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ishaan »

VishaalDalal wrote:
ishaan wrote:An update
DSC01980.JPG
Ishaan, finally u got the culture. and it looks great too
thanks hands
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by shergill00 »

Romi wrote:
deepesh wrote:I will vouch for harvesting often having lost my culture to being greedy and attempting to raise a bumper crop. Compred to a large culture I now believe multiple small to medium cultures are better.

The worms themselves would crawl up the sides of the container when it was time for a water change. As for snails, one or two at the surface is ok as the common aquatic snails breathe air and come regularly to the surface like whales, however a mass migration of snails to the surface means trouble.

I don't know if Romi has figured out a reason why the drawer boxes seem to produce more, just his experience I think. Romi?

I didn't go for the drawer boxes because they take vertical space and when needed I could just push the individual boxes under the box bed which you can't do with drawer boxes. Comes handy when you are surreptiously multiplying your cultures and some guest asks what's that smell. And then you can say "smell? What smell? I don't see anything smelly!"
You are such a gentle soul, yaar. :ugeek:

Snails are not a good idea, i cannot believe Tirthankar suggested it. The volume of water is too small for them. They will suffer and die, 100%.
@ Romi this is the first box in which i started my romifex culture. touch wood they are growing like crazy and this is after i harvested 25% and today in both my tanks it was like feeding frenzy.

I had also started a second culture in drawer box one and half month back but some how I am not getting this kind of growth in that box. Any particular reason for it. I am doing 100% water change after every 2 days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

@shergill

well done. :clp

change water daily and see the difference.

The temp is around 30 degrees in Delhi and my worms are exploding so much, i hardly feed anyting else.

all the extra worms remain alive in the tank, unlike grindals that die after a few hours, so my fish eat all day whenever they are hungry.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Where is Deepesh? I miss him, and in this part of the year, his worms MUST be doing great too. :P
shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by shergill00 »

Romi wrote:Where is Deepesh? I miss him, and in this part of the year, his worms MUST be doing great too. :P
Deepesh is busy doing surgeries these days. He was supposed to get free on 15th but not sure if he has. Haven't heard from him till now.