Kombucha Mushroom Tea

Discuss and post all things other than hobby.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: Komucha Mushroom Tea

Unread post by Romi »

The Kombucha mushroom is taking some time to recover in this cold, i feel kefir will be better for winters. Let us see, i have an eye on it. ;) I feel water kefir will be good for vinegar eels too, since it does make the water acidic, and that is what the vinegar eels basically need. But i am not 100% sure about water kefir in this regard.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

By this time, I should have got a massive Kombucha mushroom. But, the winter is refusing to give way to warm weather (it is raining outside, actually), and the Kombucha is very very cold.

If this had been summers, I would have got a giant Mushroom by now, instead, I have one that is the size of a 'puri' (small fried wheat-bread) :oops:

But hey, i am willing and able to wait...
Arjun Tandon
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Arjun Tandon »

Hats off Romi for your patience and persistent efforts
Thanks for the update
We'll be eagerly waiting for the starters as soon as the summer hits
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

For that encouragement, i promote you to the head of the queue, Arjun :lol: :mrgreen:
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Romi wrote:For that encouragement, i promote you to the head of the queue, Arjun :lol: :mrgreen:
What about me...
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Arjun Tandon
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Romi wrote:For that encouragement, i promote you to the head of the queue, Arjun :lol: :mrgreen:
Hurray! Yippeeee! :thnk
You know I mean it ;)
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

SCORPIO wrote:
What about me...

Rajiv, you don't strike me as a mushroom-eating type. Are you? ;) Bhabiji might not like it very much, floating like a ghostly 'chappati' on tea water.. I can already sympathise with her, actually. :lol:

I want to give u something else, it is even more rare than Kombucha, and your beautiful children can drink it also, it is like Soda, but it has none of the acid of aerated drinks. It is called Tibicos.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Romi wrote:Rajiv, you don't strike me as a mushroom-eating type. Are you? ;) Bhabiji might not like it very much, floating like a ghostly 'chappati' on tea water.. I can already sympathise with her, actually.
I will convinced her if it will be good for health. :LOL BTW, she eats mushrooms.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Arjun Tandon
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Wow! I just googled Tibicos
didn't know that Tibicos grains multiply on their own
Is it true Romi?
Can you post a link that provides info on how to prepare a sustainable culture of Tibicos?
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Arjun, the kombucha has an application for fish keeping, because it makes a good medium for growing live food also (if u want to keep vinegar eels).

This Tibicos has no application like this, as far as I can see. I offered it to Rajiv becuase his son is a delicate child, and such children benefit from probiotics a lot, a very sweet little boy.