Cactus/cactuses/cacti Vishaal Dalal

Discuss and Post about pets other than aquatic.
neilthirumuttam
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Location: Oachira village ,Kollam dist , Kerala state , India

Re: Cactus/cactuses/cacti Vishaal Dalal

Unread post by neilthirumuttam »

ANOTHER ONE
Regards,
NEIL
SHARE THE BRAIN SHARE THE FUTURE
neilthirumuttam
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

ANOTHER HOBBY

BONSAI TREES

i am keeping some bonsai trees too

I give them the water after squeezing sponge from filters most

regards,
NEIL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Wow, what lovely plants Neil. They deserve a separate thread. What a pity Vishaal has not bothered to post pictures even now. .. Wish i knew how to modify the title of this thread!
VishaalDalal
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by VishaalDalal »

Romi wrote:Wow, what lovely plants Neil. They deserve a separate thread. What a pity Vishaal has not bothered to post pictures even now. .. Wish i knew how to modify the title of this thread!

Romi

please dont regret, I had said I will do so this weekend. and it will be done.

I will post the flowers later on.
neilthirumuttam
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

hi
check this one
tall boy..
you likes this ?

regards,
NEIL
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ishaan »

we had the last one few years back till someone told my dad about that myth about cactus and he threw them :cry:
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

neilthirumuttam wrote:hi
check this one
tall boy..
[ Image ]
you likes this ?

regards,
NEIL
lovely, my friend.

But those little pumpkin-pumpkin<<<<<s make my heart go thudthud... thudwuddud.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

ishaan wrote:we had the last one few years back till someone told my dad about that myth about cactus and he threw them :cry:
Give him the logic i have used in page one ishaan. they arrived in india only with the British, so they cannot be a real Indian tabbooo..
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

Romi wrote:
ishaan wrote:we had the last one few years back till someone told my dad about that myth about cactus and he threw them :cry:
Give him the logic i have used in page one ishaan. they arrived in india only with the British, so they cannot be a real Indian tabbooo..
i have told him about this when you posted this last time, but now he is too busy in his work in himachal that he is not getting time for his plants so no additions in terrestrial plants now a days
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
VishaalDalal

Unread post by VishaalDalal »

ishaan wrote:
Romi wrote:
i have told him about this when you posted this last time, but now he is too busy in his work in himachal that he is not getting time for his plants so no additions in terrestrial plants now a days

more than the logic Ishaan you can search the net and tell him that Cacti can be used to ward off negative energy if planted outside the house.

also next time this discussion about thorny plants happens tell him that you are removing all the euphorbia and Roses also. you can also include all the lemon, kinow, ber etc trees which a lot of people have in their houses.

do you know that the cacti is a group of plants that does not release CO2 at night also. this is because of their xeric adaptation causes them to close all the stomata to prevent moisture loss during day time and all the o2 produced during photosynthesis is stored during the day and released/ used at night.

Crassulacean acid metabolism, also known as CAM photosynthesis, is a carbon fixation pathway that evolved in some plants as an adaptation to arid conditions.[1] In a plant using full CAM, the stomata in the leaves remain shut during the day to reduce evapotranspiration, but open at night to collect carbon dioxide (CO2). The CO2 is stored as the four-carbon acid malate, and then used during photosynthesis during the day. The pre-collected CO2 is concentrated around the enzyme RuBisCO, increasing photosynthetic efficiency.

Romi this had me searching the net and I dont think many of us know that there are some aquatic plants that do the same.
i am appending the list of the plant genus hereunder. this will add some insight into getting our plants to do well.

1. Lilaeopsis
2. Sagittaria
3. Scirpus
4. Eleocharis
5. Littorella
6. Isoetales these seem to be the most interesting.

and I could not help it althouth the thread has derailed a bit. posted here but also started another thread
Last edited by VishaalDalal on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.