Solar energy in aquariums.

Post your quires regarding lighting needs in planted aquariums.
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: Solar energy in aquariums.

Unread post by saikumar »

See again its my lack of presenting in proper way. My apologies.

That was just logic I wanted to carry ahead, it was more of a mirrored chimney that I imagined.
You can assume it more like a colourfully decorated with interior aesthetics, or with plant creepers covering it, or grooving some nice wall hangers over it, or with some hand paintings... There's so much to improve it aesthetically.

If your aquarium is against a wall at homes end, You ll not even see such hanging tube(chimney rectangular pipe)

Living room or not I ll let you take a call, as its a personal choice. End of the day we just looked at an economical solution.

Cheers.
Neeraj
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Neeraj »

Regards,
Neeraj
https://www.facebook.com/petduniya
juanico

Unread post by juanico »

bmukh wrote:A hole in the roof that is made out of concrete???? Are we getting too carried away?
well, in many cases, it will not be possible, but in some cases it will be a good option.
bmukh wrote: Further, these would only be effective during day time, how many of us would want to come back from work and not 'see' the tanks in full glory? Hmmm
you can use this solar tubes as the major light for your plant growth, during the day...
and in the evening you use conventional light to observe your tanks...this could be a saving of lets say 70% energy cost...worth considering
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

juanico wrote:and here aquarium lightning by solar tubes:

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f6/so ... 685-2.html
this is a brilliant idea. are these thing available here in India??
Sushant
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

saikumar wrote:
If your aquarium is against a wall at homes end, You ll not even see such hanging tube(chimney rectangular pipe)

Living room or not I ll let you take a call, as its a personal choice. End of the day we just looked at an economical solution.

Cheers.
:goodpost

Economical is the key word here for sure, Sai.

It starts with saving money in our pocket, but it goes on right upto helping save the environment. I feel guilty about changing the CFL lamps even, all of them are heavy on mercury, and changing them every year is not that cheap either when light output halves. This LED is cheaper in long run, but the entry costs are currently quite dicouraging. I did get three CREE though, but solar lighting would hit the spot, if it was possible to combine it with LEDs for viewing in evening (apporpos Bappa da and Juanico's converstation) and Solar for growing the plants when sun comes up each day and till it goes down. That would be so regular, so eco-friendly and so cheap!
jack

Unread post by jack »

Ok guys i agree and had a talk with the architec regarding the same
He has made a hault for 3 days to work for us and if something plans out hez ready to make according to aquariums requirement

Soo as most of you know me that i am bad at diy and this science stuff is nuts for me
Can you please explain me how to setup where to get ? And how to accembel
And main approx cost of setting up

Second important question is
------- what will be the heat issues in this type of setup ?
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D