oyster

Forum for discuss freshwater/ Brackish Invertebrates.
VishaalDalal
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: oyster

Unread post by VishaalDalal »

vikas wrote:i haven't buy them actually i got them from river bed. there are lakhs of them but no snails..
go where there are people fishing near the Baba Mastnath Math you will get snails also.
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

These are mussels. Depending on the source, they are freshwater or seafaring.

Note that mussels attach themselves to rock structures and extract their food from water currents. Therefore , it is essential to have good water flow around them which carries a source of food also.

I do not think such an environment can be created in a small tank. These creatures are best kept in a mature marine tank with very good water flow.
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikas »

VishaalDalal wrote:
vikas wrote:i haven't buy them actually i got them from river bed. there are lakhs of them but no snails..
go where there are people fishing near the Baba Mastnath Math you will get snails also.
there is nothing buddy..
moz lo roz lo na mile to khoz lo ---

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Ok.

If u add some ureal, a pinch, to a tank full of aquairum water, and put it in the sun, it will turn green even faster. Give it maximum sun. u can do this with plastic tub also.

If u feel you are not getting the green water fast enough, i suggest u keep just two mussels, and put the at least the rest back. It is good that you observe the world around you, and you might be a good native fish hobbyist one day, :thumup, but so many mussels are difficult to feed vikas...
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Romi wrote:

Ok.

If u add some urea, yes that agricultural fertilizer, one pinch only, to a tank full of aquairum water, and put it in the sun, it will turn green even faster. Give it maximum sun. u can cultivate green water in a plastic container also, almost any container, even old Pepsi bottles!

If u feel you are not getting the green water fast enough, i suggest u keep one mussel, and put the rest back to where u got them. It is good that you observe the world around you, and you might be a good native fish hobbyist one day, :thumup, but so many mussels are difficult to feed vikas...
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikas »

Romi wrote:
Romi wrote:

Ok.

If u add some urea, yes that agricultural fertilizer, one pinch only, to a tank full of aquairum water, and put it in the sun, it will turn green even faster. Give it maximum sun. u can cultivate green water in a plastic container also, almost any container, even old Pepsi bottles!

If u feel you are not getting the green water fast enough, i suggest u keep one mussel, and put the rest back to where u got them. It is good that you observe the world around you, and you might be a good native fish hobbyist one day, :thumup, but so many mussels are difficult to feed vikas...
i have only one mussel in my aquarium. already sent them to their original home :)

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕
Arjun Tandon
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Arjun Tandon »

Romi wrote: Wow, you are quite our local ID expert, Arjun! Good going!
Oh Thanks... But I got the idea from Vishaal so he deserves that

vikas wrote: thank you for the info :)
Anytime dude ;)
Romi wrote: Ok.
If u add some urea, a pinch, to a tank full of aquairum water, and put it in the sun, it will turn green even faster. Give it maximum sun. u can do this with plastic tub also.
Wow! I usually have urea at home but never thought that it could speed up Green water growth
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikas »

Arjun Tandon wrote:
Romi wrote: Wow, you are quite our local ID expert, Arjun! Good going!
Oh Thanks... But I got the idea from Vishaal so he deserves that

vikas wrote: thank you for the info :)
Anytime dude ;)
Romi wrote: Ok.
If u add some urea, a pinch, to a tank full of aquairum water, and put it in the sun, it will turn green even faster. Give it maximum sun. u can do this with plastic tub also.
Wow! I usually have urea at home but never thought that it could speed up Green water growth
:1

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

vikas wrote:
Romi wrote:
Romi wrote:

Ok.

i have only one mussel in my aquarium. already sent them to their original home :)

Well done, bro! *pat on back* :) That is like a good fishy owner!
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikas »

Romi wrote:
vikas wrote:
Romi wrote:
Romi wrote:

Ok.

Well done, bro! *pat on back* :) That is like a good fishy owner!
learning from you.. :LOL :thumup

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕