fish quality in local (delhi) lfs

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
juanico
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

fish quality in local (delhi) lfs

Unread post by juanico »

hi

just want to share my experience with fish, bought in delhi lfs.
every time i buy fish 2-3 days later they have health problems.
ick (ichtyo) or bacterial infections occure almost every time.

well, no wonder, i saw lfs guys pouring half a bottle "general cure" in each tank.
most of them also add huge amount of salt in the water, in order to suppress germs and other health problems (the max was 2000ppm solved in guppy-water).

and once at home, in normal water conditions all sickness breaks out.

i try to assimilate the fish very very slowly to my water conditions, sometimes it takes 2 days, but still i run into trouble.

how do you handle these problems?

cheers
juanico
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: fish quality in local (delhi) lfs

Unread post by SCORPIO »

juanico wrote:hi

just want to share my experience with fish, bought in delhi lfs.
every time i buy fish 2-3 days later they have health problems.
ick (ichtyo) or bacterial infections occure almost every time.

well, no wonder, i saw lfs guys pouring half a bottle "general cure" in each tank.
most of them also add huge amount of salt in the water, in order to suppress germs and other health problems (the max was 2000ppm solved in guppy-water).

and once at home, in normal water conditions all sickness breaks out.

i try to assimilate the fish very very slowly to my water conditions, sometimes it takes 2 days, but still i run into trouble.

how do you handle these problems?

cheers
juanico
Juanico, from where you buy fishes? This is the season of ich. I always brought a fish after watching atleast spending 15 mintues to fish. I always chek following:

1. Is there any dead fish in the tank. If found, drops the idea to buy the fish from that tank.
2. After that I choose the fishes based on their figure, size and structure of belly, shining, colour etc.
3. Try to find any wounds, spots, parasites etc. on the targeted fishes.
4. After that I watch their swimming, swimming area, activeness, response etc. If they are in search of hiding place, I ignores those fishes.

Most of the L.F.S. stores in Delhi/N.C.R. are only business man. They don't think about the fish and aquarist. They want to earn only money and don't care about fish health. All of we are always in hurry. Shopkeepers also know this fact and makes us fool. But some L.F.S. guys are serious about fishes.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

SCORPIO wrote:Juanico, from where you buy fishes? This is the season of ich. I always brought a fish after watching atleast spending 15 mintues to fish. I always chek following:

1. Is there any dead fish in the tank. If found, drops the idea to buy the fish from that tank.
2. After that I choose the fishes based on their figure, size and structure of belly, shining, colour etc.
4. After that I watch their swimming, swimming area, activeness, response etc. If they are in search of hiding place, I ignores those fishes.

Most of the L.F.S. stores in Delhi/N.C.R. are only business man. They don't think about the fish and aquarist. They want to earn only money and don't care about fish health. All of we are always in hurry. Shopkeepers also know this fact and makes us fool. But some L.F.S. guys are serious about fishes.
for some reasons i have never faced the problem, and its probably because i follow all the above advice.
Sushant
juanico

Unread post by juanico »

SCORPIO wrote: Juanico, from where you buy fishes? This is the season of ich. I always brought a fish after watching atleast spending 15 mintues to fish. I always chek following:

i bought already in karol bagh area, in laxmi nagar, sarojini nagar, mayur vihar, india gate and saket.
1. it is very very rare if there is no dead fish in the tank...maybe in the very morning when they get their stocks

I agree with you completely, but if you are that strict you will never be able to buy some fish in delhi :lol:

do you have a recommendation where to buy fish?

cheers
juanico
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ishaan »

juanico wrote:]

i bought already in karol bagh area, in laxmi nagar, sarojini nagar, mayur vihar, india gate and saket.
1. it is very very rare if there is no dead fish in the tank...maybe in the very morning when they get their stocks

I agree with you completely, but if you are that strict you will never be able to buy some fish in delhi :lol:

do you have a recommendation where to buy fish?

cheers
juanico
its very rare to see any dead fish in any aquariums of lfs as they remove them as soon as they open their shop in the morning :lol: :lol:
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
vikram
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikram »

Apart from what Rajiv Ji advised you can follow some more steps

1. Keep a Quarantine small tank, so that you can add salt, plus anitbacterial and raise the temperature to cure ick
2. Also try to introduce fish in the night and keep the tank in dark for couple of days - Helps for sensitive fishes

More the sensitive fish more the care required.

Moreover for Delhi LFS fishes are transported for long durations and temperature fluctuations also happens becuase of Delhi Climatic conditions.
--
Vikram
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Fish quality on Tropiquerium, India Gate are good in comparison of other shops.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
puneet
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by puneet »

ya at there other branch at darya ganj fishes are good...
maaz

Unread post by maaz »

Here In Bhopal My LFS keeper is my good friend when every he is having any kind of problem in his tank..he advise everyone not to take fish from that tank..
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

SCORPIO wrote:Fish quality on Tropiquerium, India Gate are good in comparison of other shops.
but the species of fish there is very limited IMO
Sushant