tetra bits

Forum for discuss on fish/Invertebrates food.
shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

tetra bits

Unread post by shergill00 »

Most of use tetra bits and even suggested as good one for our aquatic friends. I was doing little bit information finding on tetra bits and came across this article in (http://kolkata-aquarium.com/viewtopic.p ... 9&start=40 )where Aninda has received confirmation from Tetra Asia that they don't make this product and had been totally stopped. They have one distributor Aquazona Exports which is Delhi based in India.

So the tetra bits available in market is fake one?

Though on tetra asia website product is mentioned.

Sukhdeep
jack

Re: tetra bits

Unread post by jack »

Thats the debateable one. There is lots of confusion going on regarding the tetra bits but not sure what to trust and what not.
Better if some has source and get his food from states thats the best way to tell that you are feeding quality.
I usually try getting my food stock from there
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

I am also confusing!! Tetra bits is the main food source for my fishes.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Tirtha
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Tirtha »

Guys, Tetra stopped producing Tetra Bits 2.5 years back. From KAC, Aninda wrote to Tetra USA and Tetra Asia both and received the confirmation. There might be some stock in their inventory left for a while even after closing the production. But no way it's possible the market is running with those extra left outs.

The biggest source of Fake Tetra Bits are Kolkata and Chennai. Where they almost turned it into a small scale industry.

But surprisingly, this Fake Tetra Bits also come in different quality and some of them are really good.
Regards,
Tirtha
jack

Unread post by jack »

@ Tirta how can you say the quality is good ?
4 years back i use to feed my flower horn tetra bitz and once the packing changed he stopped eating. Something was wrong
I tried but to my vain all wasted
Then i again tried tetra bit getting from US and that guy happily accepted
He is still on those US food

The FH is not with me since last 1.5 years but i still visit where it is and fead same food that i provided

And if at all there is genuine tetrait in the market then do you think the shelf life of the food would be more than a year or so ?

This is controversial topic bro, people are selling fake stuff and making money
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
deepesh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by deepesh »

Well I never thought...

No wonder my fish like Sera flakes more than "tetra bits".

Deepesh
News from The North Indian barbecue is...
Browning outside, softening inside.
deepesh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by deepesh »

Well I never thought...

Deepesh
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

deepesh wrote:Well I never thought...

Deepesh

Last two packs brought by me also indicating that are Kolkatta or Chennai made. :LOL
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
deepesh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by deepesh »

But my tetra bits does have a "fishy" smell. I used to think and still think that's because of actually using quality ingredients. Both my Sera foods have a similar if not same smell!

Deepesh
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

i have used Tetrabits since 2001. It allowed me to take my fishkeeping to a new level, just as using air-powered sponge filters did. I note the quality of the plastic box very carefully before i buy because i once got tetrabits at Bengal Aquarium Anand Parbat, that was a fake. But fish ate even that, albeit belatedly (didnt want to go home empty-handed that day). The Tetrabits i have used in the last 2 years or so is not being eaten that readily, but the fish still like it better than any flakes i give them (except Hikari Tropical Fish, that they ate with gusto, but Ian no longer find this in Laxminagar)...... So, if it a fake, it is a good fake, and value.

Don't worry Rajiv. Even you were not so convinced about Tetrabits when i first discussed this useful dry food with you as very important for keeping Angelfish alive, but later even this fake product became your mainstay. Make sure you buy the correct 'fake Tetrabits', not the fake 'fake Tetrabits'... ironic yes.