Fish Exchange Aquapetz

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: Fish Exchange Aquapetz

Unread post by Romi »

@sushant

synodontis eupterus is not just any fish. it is an impressive species, with a top fin almost giving it a depth equal to its length. plus it swims upside down quite often, which catches peoples eyes. so dont expect to sell a 6 inch blue gourami (yes they exist, u need good food and a large tank to get this size) for 2 k! only difficult fish like synodontis sp.

Synodontis are scaleless (catfish are scaleless, as u might know) and it is difficult to avoid making mistakes vis-a-vis temperature/medication/water change-induced instability. This kills them more often than not. Same reason that most people cannot grow Black Ghost Knifefish to a large size. they are also scaleless.
nick17s
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nick17s »

syed.ali wrote:saw nice big lobsters in Sarojini nagar, price 350/- and some nice ramarezzi=90/-
Remaining stuff was pretty ordinary
If you saw the big lobster in alone in a tank (red claw lobster) that was mine.. I exchanged him and bought a small orange one (because he ate many of my fishes) :(

Hi guys, I have 2 healthy tiger sharks and 5 widow tetras for exchange.. I stay in south delhi..can exchange for plants/ shrimps/ small fishes (who can stay with guppies, snails and shrimps)

Regards

Nick
+91 98115 04120
If there is a F(w)ish , there is a way !!
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

nick, how much did u pay for your red claw 'lobster' originally? And how much was jitender charging for small red claw 'lobsters' without exchanging for a bigger one?
nick17s
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nick17s »

hi romi,

When I purchased the lobster, I was the first person to buy it (from that particular lot)..I purchased a baby lobster for Rs 250..He was charging Rs 275..But I am sure, he sold my grown lobster for more than Rs 350..
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

ok, nikhil.

can u send me a pic of ur lobster? i want to go and buy a peaceful crayfish (yes there are some specie of crayfish sp like that) and i dont want to buy yours! :lol:

help me, buddy. my email is ekshringa13(@)gmail(.)com.
nick17s
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nick17s »

visited fish point at sarojini nagar yesterday, there were some big shrimps, available at Rs 375 - Rs 425 per piece.
There were some neon tetras available too for Rs 100 per pair and ghost fish (looked like knife fish), that was for 300 per pair if I remember it correctly..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

Romi wrote:@sushant

synodontis eupterus is not just any fish. it is an impressive species, with a top fin almost giving it a depth equal to its length. plus it swims upside down quite often, which catches peoples eyes. so dont expect to sell a 6 inch blue gourami (yes they exist, u need good food and a large tank to get this size) for 2 k! only difficult fish like synodontis sp.

Synodontis are scaleless (catfish are scaleless, as u might know) and it is difficult to avoid making mistakes vis-a-vis temperature/medication/water change-induced instability. This kills them more often than not. Same reason that most people cannot grow Black Ghost Knifefish to a large size. they are also scaleless.

Romi i was talking abt the same species. i have one with me which is exactly that size if not larger and shares the tank with blood parrots will soon be posting some pic of it. also i never had any problem with it so don't think that its that difficult to maintain them.
Sushant
nick17s
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nick17s »

The above said shrimps are "Giant Freshwater Prawns (Macrobrachium rosenbergii)"
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by marsaiko »

I am looking to pick few CRS , can exchange with some flame moss or some money.
Atleast let me know the source please
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
juanico

pearl gurami: exchange male for female

Unread post by juanico »

i have one spare male and want to exchange for a female
does anyone have a spare female?