Striped raphael (talking) catfish

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
rajivzee
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Striped raphael (talking) catfish

Unread post by rajivzee »

1. Is it safe to keep striped raphael (talking) catfish in planted tank with tetra & smaller fishes?
2. Do they uproot plants?
Thanks & Regards
Rajiv Anand

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: Striped raphael (talking) catfish

Unread post by Romi »

I have had a Raphael Catfish for 2 years now, and I added another. They do not uproot plants, and live for over 25 years if well taken care of. They like being in a group, so I bought one more. I am planning on a third too. they stay in my crypt tank, and eat well. No aggression to anyone, or each other. I think they eat fish fry, if they can catch them, but that is it!

a lovely fish, I hope mine lives for years and years, and if I die too soon, my sister looks after it. I like it that much.. ;) I wanted to sell it at one point, but now I know, it is a keeper.
rajivzee
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Striped raphael (talking) catfish

Unread post by rajivzee »

Romi wrote:I have had a Raphael Catfish for 2 years now, and I added another. They do not uproot plants, and live for over 25 years if well taken care of. They like being in a group, so I bought one more. I am planning on a third too. they stay in my crypt tank, and eat well. No aggression to anyone, or each other. I think they eat fish fry, if they can catch them, but that is it!

a lovely fish, I hope mine lives for years and years, and if I die too soon, my sister looks after it. I like it that much.. ;) I wanted to sell it at one point, but now I know, it is a keeper.

Oh great.
I like the fish, but I'll give it a miss this time, as I can't have a group of them.
Thanks & Regards
Rajiv Anand

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain