advice for a 2 footer tank.

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
devchitra
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

advice for a 2 footer tank.

Unread post by devchitra »

hi, i want to setup a biotope tank in a 2 footer tank to participate in aquapetz contest. fishes and plant should be from our own country. no any idea, please help me.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: advice for a 2 footer tank.

Unread post by SCORPIO »

You have serveral choices:

1. Barbs setup
2. Horadandia atukorali
3. Dario-dario
4. Bumble bee goby
5. Knight goby
6. Indian glass fish.

Best of luck. I am also working on an Indian biotope project.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
pinaki_pal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by pinaki_pal »

daniolena priapus ---- amazing fishes ....u can keep a school of 40 individuals.......never ever seen such a tight schooling fishes , take pallets from day1....only problem is u need to keep them in a species only tank ....otherwise they won't be able to compete with food and will die.... u can successfully keep them with shrimps though......
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

pinaki_pal wrote:daniolena priapus ---- amazing fishes ....u can keep a school of 40 individuals.......never ever seen such a tight schooling fishes , take pallets from day1....only problem is u need to keep them in a species only tank ....otherwise they won't be able to compete with food and will die.... u can successfully keep them with shrimps though......
:1
Sushant
saikumar

Unread post by saikumar »

pinaki_pal wrote:daniolena priapus ---- amazing fishes ....u can keep a school of 40 individuals.......never ever seen such a tight schooling fishes , take pallets from day1....only problem is u need to keep them in a species only tank ....otherwise they won't be able to compete with food and will die.... u can successfully keep them with shrimps though......
well said sir, also they seem t require very frequent foods or else they get shrunken belly. BTW where to source them from?
pinaki_pal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

I sourced them from one and only Mr Andrew Rao ..... :) :)
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Even I am also planning these for Himalayan Forest scape. Pinaki Ji, can you please show a photo of school of these fishes? I thought for dozen will be enough for a my scape.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

pinaki_pal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Rajiv ji,,,,i lost all of them due to CO2 overdosing ....i'll buy another group v soon n will share picture....these fishes r v v small ....u need at least 30 to 40 of them for a prominent group....in my 2 feeter i am planning to keep a group of 45
pinaki_pal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

and Rajivji please treat me as ur younger brother and call me with my name "Pinaki" .... it will make me happy :) :)
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

pinaki_pal wrote:and Rajivji please treat me as ur younger brother and call me with my name "Pinaki" .... it will make me happy :) :)
Pinaki Bhai, I always want to respect everybody, without any difference of elder or younger.