bmukh
Experts
Experts

Re: A serious venture: Sundarbans Biotope

Unread post by bmukh »

Thanks all.

First the tanks
Main tank: 72X36X36 three sides, the front glass height is 18
Sump: 36X24X24. This is more a hold out tank for simulating tide. It has few liquid filters in it.
Water: Brackish (salinity 1.017-1.02), pH: 7.7
Decorations (all in the main tank): 100 kgs of mud (got them from Matla mud flat), some Mangrove seeds and few mangrove plants (all seeds and plants procured legally through agencies who promote mangrove cultivation).
Tide simulation: Currently I am using one small liquid filter a pieace in each of the two tanks. I am using timer that ensures the following takes place every day
-high tide (00:00-06:00 hours): About 150 litres flow from sump to main tank
-low tide (06:00-12:00 hours): About 150 litres flow from main tank to sump
-high tide (12:00-18:00 hours): About 150 litres flow from sump to main tank
-low tide (18:00-00:00 hours): About 150 litres flow from main tank to sump

I will increase the flow upto 250 litres during each tide within another week or so.

Time to answer some queries;
So far only fishes that will cycle (more importantly keep the mosquitoes away) is introduced in the main tank. That means...4-5 Mollies and 4-5 Aplocheilus Panchax, all of them will go i the sump. There are 4 Mono Angels, few Omobranchus zebra waiting in the sump, which will be introduced in the main tank. I am waiting for another 50 kgs of mud to arrive (next week) and then these fishes along with Scatophagus Argus and Tetraodon Cutcutia will stay in the main tank.

Amphibians and Crustaceans: There are a dozen Periopthalmus novemradiatus and about 5-6 Red Fiddler crabs. Eventually, there will stay around 2 dozen Periopthalmus novemradiatus and between 60-100 Fiddler crabs.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Dada as I know Tetraodon Cutcutia are fin nippers and they will sure be a threat for all others fishes.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Naufil
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Naufil »

damn! this is awesome and looks like a lot of fun! I wish I could see this personally.
bmukh
Experts
Experts

Unread post by bmukh »

Till the time the FTS arrives sorryg , time for some video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf-J_ft ... e=youtu.be
yipi
syed.ali
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by syed.ali »

oohhh man , this must seee. :)
hamza
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by hamza »

@Bappa da...Quality journal, totally unique and very refreshing! This has become one of the threads I visit very often in anticipation for updates.

To the guys watching this journal.... This is an authentic biotope attempt and anyone trying a biotope should do as much background research and planning before piling in some random sand, wood and stones.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Today reached back home. In coming days, I will visit Gurgaon to see this dream project.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Somen »

SCORPIO wrote:Today reached back home. In coming days, I will visit Gurgaon to see this dream project.
:clp :clp :clp
Somen
Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

hamza wrote:@Bappa da...Quality journal, totally unique and very refreshing! This has become one of the threads I visit very often in anticipation for updates.

To the guys watching this journal.... This is an authentic biotope attempt and anyone trying a biotope should do as much background research and planning before piling in some random sand, wood and stones.
True.

What else when it is Bappada himself at work? 8-) We hope this project is a good learning curve for all the newcomers to Biotopes... a much neglected aspect of aquascaping that has huge potential in foreign competitions, that remains unused.
bmukh
Experts
Experts

Unread post by bmukh »

Guys thanks for all the compliments...I hope it comes out well. You guys are all welcome. May be we can organize a Aquapetz meet on June 7th/8th at my place?