Bought Dophin C1300 Canister

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
raphael2k2000
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Bought Dophin C1300 Canister

Unread post by raphael2k2000 »

have recently purchased dophin C1300 for my 2ft tank with media sponge, wool in bottom tray then carbor in 2nd tray and ceramic rings in 3rd tray. The 4th is empty. Have plans to put 6-8 bio balls. I ran it for almost whole day today but wtaer is notcrystal clear. Am
using extra clear glass aqurium. Can you advise ????
-------
Thanks, Shekhar
+91 9831013911
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: Bought Dophin C1300 Canister

Unread post by Romi »

The filter is too new. wait a while, the mulm will settle in it and make the pores smaller. This will make the sediment settle faster in the media. And if your tank is new, and the filter is new too, it can take some time for the filter to work to good effect.

If you still cant wait, use pieces of finer sponge in the empty portion of canister filter, or pieces of kitchen scrubs sold by the brand name Scotch Brite or anything similar.
raphael2k2000
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by raphael2k2000 »

Romi wrote:The filter is too new. wait a while, the mulm will settle in it and make the pores smaller. This will make the sediment settle faster in the media. And if your tank is new, and the filter is new too, it can take some time for the filter to work to good effect.

If you still cant wait, use pieces of finer sponge in the empty portion of canister filter, or pieces of kitchen scrubs sold by the brand name Scotch Brite or anything similar.
this helps romi. I'll put the scortch brite and see. Do i change the media palcement ? Now it's sponge, wool carbon & rings.
-------
Thanks, Shekhar
+91 9831013911
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

I never found any difference no matter how the media is placed, as long as the water is not allowed to bypass the media. It should not be allowed to flow clear of any media at all. This means, whatever the media, make sure there is one full layer of it, wherever it might be.
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

raphael2k2000 wrote:
Romi wrote:The filter is too new. wait a while, the mulm will settle in it and make the pores smaller. This will make the sediment settle faster in the media. And if your tank is new, and the filter is new too, it can take some time for the filter to work to good effect.

this helps romi. I'll put the scortch brite and see. Do i change the media palcement ? Now it's sponge, wool carbon & rings.
The flow should be from courser to finer media
Sushant