Horadandia Brittani

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Horadandia Brittani

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Recently got a dozen of these fish from my good friend and fellow hobbyist Rajiv Banerjee (while he takes care of one of Andrewda's champion algae eaters and some endlers which I had procured from The Great Wojtek !!).

For those wishing to keep these fish, here are some observations which might be helpful :

1. They are tolerant to local Delhi water. Long live natives !!

2. They are tiny, really really tiny. Hence keep them away from big aggressive mouths.

3. They have made very good friends with neons. I was a bit surprised at first, but the neons swim together with the brittani school.

4. Corys and rasboras were curious at first, but once satisfied that these are harmless fellows, left them at peace.

5. They have small mouths, hence micro pellets are good feed for them. However, neons also love micro pellets, so one has to divert the attention of the bigger group by throwing in some flake food etc.

6. I still haven't checked with Andrewda as to their native environment, but clean water definitely appears to suit them. But then clean water suits every fish, doesn't it ? :)

7. They love a gentle current in the tank.

8. They are also very very curious about their surroundings, but surprisingly don't go near the filter inlets !! Very clever little fellows.

If you have a large enough tank with enough swimming space and like to keep peaceful community species - call Andrewda NOW !!

Once again - long live natives !!
parthapratim22

Re: Horadandia Brittani

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Perfect write up. recently saw them.

In That size looks same as "atukorali"
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Never kept Horadandia Brittani but I am keeping Horadandia atukorali from last 2-3 years. They are very fast swimmers and love planted tank. Once they have also breeded those in my tank http://aquapetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1129. Two fishes are still with me from first batch. Love them a lot of and now they are integral part of my planted aquascapes due to their strong schooling habbits.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Somen »

If a snap of those fishes in put here,it would be wonderful.
Somen
Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Somen wrote:If a snap of those fishes in put here,it would be wonderful.
:1 :1
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Brittanis don't like to get `snapped'. That is to say, they are mighty difficult to capture given their tiny size. Believe me when I say this - they are actually the size of fry of some larger species.

Rajiv - when I checked, it seems the Atukorali and the Brittani are the same strain with very minor differences. Not much is known about these fishes.
Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhi »

apuda2010 wrote:Brittanis don't like to get `snapped'. That is to say, they are mighty difficult to capture given their tiny size. Believe me when I say this - they are actually the size of fry of some larger species.

Rajiv - when I checked, it seems the Atukorali and the Brittani are the same strain with very minor differences. Not much is known about these fishes.
:1 :1
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
aawnaik
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by aawnaik »

coolbig
Amit Naik
[background=][/background]
Tirtha
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Tirtha »

Just saw this topic. Here goes some snaps from my old stock,
HA3.jpg
HA1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Tirtha
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Thanks Tirtha..now what is required is a picture of these fish in the tank...will show us how tiny they really are !!