Trichogaster lalius & Brochis splendens

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
RemirezyKrazy
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Trichogaster lalius & Brochis splendens

Unread post by RemirezyKrazy »

Added 4 Brochis Splendens (emerald cory) and 6 Trichogaster lalius (neon blue dwarf gourami) to my planted angelfish tank (6 angels + 1 pleco)
Is it good to keep Trichogaster lalius with angelfish? At present they keep to themselves and remain hidden behind plants.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe we should all pay our tax with a smile. I tried - but they wanted cash.

``Ashish``
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trichogaster lalius & Brochis splendens

Unread post by SCORPIO »

You can keep together all the fishes but the water parameter requirement for the angel+cories are different from Trichogaster lalius. However all of they will adjust easily. I have many times this combination in the same tank.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
RemirezyKrazy
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Thankhs rajiv ji.. but removing Trichogaster lalius today as they are nasty little fin nippers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe we should all pay our tax with a smile. I tried - but they wanted cash.

``Ashish``
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

where did u get the brochis splendens from, ramicrazy? awesome green colour that fish has!
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by marsaiko »

I suppose he meant normal green/emerald cory. Brochis wouldnt be available so easily.
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
RemirezyKrazy
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

@romi : I got it from a lfs here at my home town in patna. He keeps absolutely amazing stuff. an order of kribnesis and scarlet badis is expected this month :D :D

@marsaiko: U may be right and i might have gotten duped; but does look like brochis to me. will get a good snap and post it. do confirm.

``Ashish``
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

@marsaiko

what cory species do u mean by 'emerald cory' ?? scientific name? i am asking because as far as i know, only Brochis splendens is called an emerald cory and no other species.

@ramirezi

really looking forward to the pics. does he still have any more on sale? what store?
RemirezyKrazy
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

@ romi : I am sure it is brochis coz the the green tinge on the sides of these cories is beautiful and shiny. Yes he has a few pairs left. But he doesn't send stuff across through couriers. He had Pineapple swordtails and Melanotaenia splendida (both 50 bucks for a pair). Couldn't resist buying so bought half a dozen pineapple swordtails (2 males, 4 females)
Following are some pics but my cell cam isn't great and i don't think it depicts the exact coloration. Any how, here they are:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

``Ashish``
RemirezyKrazy
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

some more:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

``Ashish``
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

here is a pic

http://www.aquapage.cz/Obrazky/Ryby/52830.jpg

these cories seem blue in the pics, isnt the brochis splendens colour Green? or does it appear as blue in the pics only?>

here is another pic

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/gallery/ ... ndens.html

how much did u pay for them?

corydoras aeneus has many races. some of them very pretty. could this be aeneus? :|