Green corner

Post your queries and experience related to aquatic plants and planted aquariums
vijendra_s123
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Green corner

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

Sharing a pic of the green part of my fish room….:)
All are low tech tanks with no CO2 or fertz dosing. All the tanks get 50% water change a week with RO+Tap water.
The filtration is sponge driven and the Light source are normal T5s (4 feeter) shared by tanks in the mid and lower level and a 11W pll in the top 1’ cube and 25W CFL on the top 2’.

A few of the residents in the tanks above
F1 Peruvian scalare

Carinotetraodon travancoricus

Nothobranchius guentheri

Badis blosyrus

Tateurndina ocellicauda

Danionella priapus

Aplocheilus kirchmayeri

Besides these I have another 5 tanks and am going to add another rack of 8-9 tanks soon.

Some of the residents in other tanks (besides the ones above)
Etroplus canarensis

Channa andrao

Chaca chaca

Pantodon buchholzi

Also was not sure where to post this, in 'Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquariums' or 'Fish'. I dont really care how the tanks are scaped as long as the 'Fish' are happy. The woods and plants are placed according to the Fish species' liking (ex woods and plants are placed to create adequate hiding places and break the line of sight where required). The name 'Green corner' suggested that I post it in the Aquatic Plants section so I am doing so... :)
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: Green corner

Unread post by Romi »

Superlative... :ugeek:
saikumar

Unread post by saikumar »

Thats really cool stuff, to make such a neat looking dedicated rack....-class!

Can you please give details on what gems you are housing in tank sequence 1,2,3...till 7?
Where do you generally hold the fry?
and between which two tanks gap do you preserve your killi eggs?
hrishi007
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by hrishi007 »

Superb stuff :)
Naufil
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Naufil »

This looks very neat and inspiring to me
Also, love your collection of fish :clap
vijendra_s123 wrote: I dont really care how the tanks are scaped as long as the 'Fish' are happy. The woods and plants are placed according to the Fish species' liking (ex woods and plants are placed to create adequate hiding places and break the line of sight where required).
:1 completely agree with your philosophy
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

amazing amazing amazing!!! Gems of collection.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Somen »

parthapratim22 wrote:amazing amazing amazing!!! Gems of collection.
:1 :1
Somen
Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
vijendra_s123

Romi wrote:Superlative... :ugeek:
Thanks ...:)
saikumar wrote:Thats really cool stuff, to make such a neat looking dedicated rack....-class!

Can you please give details on what gems you are housing in tank sequence 1,2,3...till 7?
Where do you generally hold the fry?
and between which two tanks gap do you preserve your killi eggs?
Thanks Sai,

Tank 1 (the 1’ cube on the top shelf) – houses a pair of Aplocheilus kirchmayeri Goa 14

Tank 2 (the 2’ on the top shelf) – has a pair of F1 Peruvian scalare + Badis blosyrus + a few Badis badis

Tank 3 (the 2’ on the mid shelf) – has 4 Carinotetraodon travancoricus (they are tiny but, yes they need a 2’ all to themselves) + it also has a few Rilli shrimps

Tank 4 (the 1.5’ in the mid shelf with the potho hanging) – has an assortment of juveniles of Notho guentheri+Hyphessobrycon amandae+Tateurndina ocellicauda. I use it as a grow out tank.

Tank 5 (the 2’ on the bottom shelf) – Has some Notho guentheri and few other fries with Indian zebra shrimps.

Tank 6 (the 1’ cube on the bottom shelf) – Has a group of Danionella priapus

Tank 7 (the 6” on the bottom shelf) – Has a trio of adult Notho guentheri

I actually have 6 and not 5 other tanks as mentioned earlier (forgot to count a 2’ in my Fish room bathroom). I also have 2 40litre tubs (with RCS and a few native shrimps) and a few 5litre plastic containers.

The fry when born are kept in containers (normally 1 litre ones) till they grow a bit, then they are shifted to 3 - 6”*12”*12” tanks that I use as grow out tanks along with the 5litre containers mentioned above.

I am making another rack which will hold 9 - 18”*12”*12” or 9 - 24”*12”*12” tanks as I am expecting some new species pretty soon…:)

Killi eggs are kept in a cubboard in the room, but when the room temp crosses 28-29 C I shift the small containers in the gap between Tank 3 and 4, and Tank 5 and 6. I use a combination of 4” and 2” fans above all the tanks during summers.
hrishi007 wrote:Superb stuff :)
Naufil wrote:This looks very neat and inspiring to me
Also, love your collection of fish :clap
vijendra_s123 wrote: I dont really care how the tanks are scaped as long as the 'Fish' are happy. The woods and plants are placed according to the Fish species' liking (ex woods and plants are placed to create adequate hiding places and break the line of sight where required).
:1 completely agree with your philosophy
Somen wrote:
:1 :1
Thanks guys....:)
saikumar

Unread post by saikumar »

Thanks for patiently explaining it through.

Surprising is the puffer and shrimp combo and I love dwarf puffer, so don't they predate on shrimp?
vijendra_s123

saikumar wrote:Thanks for patiently explaining it through.

Surprising is the puffer and shrimp combo and I love dwarf puffer, so don't they predate on shrimp?
They are not compatible, i actually use the shrimps as a food source. The tank is heavily planted, the adult shrimps are chased away most of the times and the shrimplets devoured