You buy a fish food for what reasons ?

Discuss and post all things other than hobby.
sunny
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

You buy a fish food for what reasons ?

Unread post by sunny »

Hi guys,
been on this forum after a very long time.. feels great. I see a lot has changed. looks amazing.

I have a question. Was thinking about it..

What are the reasons that lure you to buy a certain kind of fish food and not another. say if both claim to be for the same fish, say both claim same coloration, or growth. provided all of these claims by the company is same then what affects your buying ?
I mean is it the retailer or friend's suggestion, or do you see for a great packaging what intrigues you people to choose one over.
If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don't back down.

<Eminem>
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: You buy a fish food for what reasons ?

Unread post by SCORPIO »

sunny wrote:Hi guys,
been on this forum after a very long time.. feels great. I see a lot has changed. looks amazing.

I have a question. Was thinking about it..

What are the reasons that lure you to buy a certain kind of fish food and not another. say if both claim to be for the same fish, say both claim same coloration, or growth. provided all of these claims by the company is same then what affects your buying ?
I mean is it the retailer or friend's suggestion, or do you see for a great packaging what intrigues you people to choose one over.
Before buying any special foods, I checks only review of particular brand. I also talk with some of the fishy friends to get their personal experience with that brand.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikramdutta11 »

The fishes r like babies for me, think that u r being given to buy a baby food for ur baby what would u buy? The same thing goes for the Pets also provided U treat them as ur own babies.
sunny
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sunny »

@scorpio great feedback so mostly word of mouth works for you. .. and also for a lot of us...

@vikram I think u got a bit sentimental (which is very ok ) but answered my question with a question which is not even the answer of the question. I got confused.. lol.. what would you buy when all brands claim to be best.. that was my question ?
:)
If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don't back down.

<Eminem>
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

sunny wrote:@scorpio great feedback so mostly word of mouth works for you. .. and also for a lot of us...

@vikram I think u got a bit sentimental (which is very ok ) but answered my question with a question which is not even the answer of the question. I got confused.. lol.. what would you buy when all brands claim to be best.. that was my question ?
:)
Yes emotion boss, as I love my pets like my own children. The answer of the question by the question could be easily answered by any father, (I Think U R Not A Father yet), so I am explaining it to you, Now see, Amul claims D best, as Lactogen, what u choose? Tetra claims D best so Bio Gold. The fact is that there are hell lot of food in the market and u have to choose the right one. Chinese are not good for regular use and branded are like 19/20 (Unish Beesh). Now when u r in the forum u should judge from the Journals which food suits a particular fish. Rather I should suggest that Try for any branded food at first and then shift to the other, this will give ur fish a change in food and u will be able to understand the right Food for the particular fish.

I started with Tetrabits for my discuss, then shifted to Bio Gold now continuing both and recently added Seachem Garlic Guard, next I'll be going for NLS. The good thing is that my pets are enjoying all the food equally. So IMO you should not stick to a particular brand.

Want More :?: :?:

CHEERS
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by saikumar »

This is a great thread, thanks for starting. If I ever indulge in fish food manufacturing, this would be a great help.

I got very few fish at the moment, but for my tangs I feed a varied diet of tetrabits(finished my pack of NLS Thera A) and dried blood worms. And ocassional feed of grindals.
My rainbows are just on diet of tetrabits and grindals, they go red so I know my food is genuine.
My grindals are fed kuppi or scampi feed, ones which is fed in shrimp farms(so I know its good, as it eventually ends in our tummies).

Hope that helps.
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

Does anyone try to figure out what they eat in their natural habitat?
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

As per my knowledge in wild the carnivorous feed on Live & dead food as live worms dead animals rather flesh, for example the Piranha and the herbivores on vegetation.
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

Almost all the fish have different food habits in nature. I have been reading about Tanganyikan cichlids lately and different species in the same genera can have different food habits. Some likes to eat scales of other fishes, some like Alto. compressiceps prefer small fish fry, some fish solely eat small crustaceans and some only eat shrimps and larvae.
But, we like to feel them all NLS cichlid pellets :) And I am not saying it's wrong. It's absolutely fine because they eat it, it's a premium fish food, they seem to like it as well. People have been breeding them on such commercial foods for generations. It cannot be wrong.
I think it is totally upto you as a fishkeeper, how far and beyond do you want to go to provide 'closest to nature' experience to your fish.

I have had a very interesting conversation with Ted Judy recently when he sent me his new "Ted's most excellent' gel formula. His thoughts are that all the commercial fish foods have whole fish meal, squid etc. as the main content. But that is not what small fish eat in the wild. Fishes like apistos, corydoras, other fishes from Loricariidae family don't eat other fish as food. They eat smaller larvae, crustaceans etc as their main diet in nature. So, with Allen Repashy, he developed this new food that has no whole fish meals but insects meal as its main ingredient. When I tried it with my Corydoras melini, it was a scene to behold. They went absolutely nuts.
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays