Dutch Style>>Update 21 November, 2016>>Page 12

Post your tank progress here from day 1.
gauravgupta
Panel Members
Panel Members

Re: Dutch Style 17 April, 2016

Unread post by gauravgupta »

Nice Arrangements and layout. Only concern is colour of plants in coming time.
Hands That Serve are Holier Than Lips That Pray!!
SanamMarik
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by SanamMarik »

big bro, great attempt with the colors. loved it. I just have a few things to talk about on this-1) in the layout for the bg part only, the plants are narrower at the center and broader towards the very end. I cant recall correctly where i read this for Dutch tanks, it says, to provide the dof effect, the broader part should be at the front and narrowed down and elevated towards the back.
urs is like \/ and what i read was /\. see if this makes any sense.

Another point is please enlighten me, how are you planning to keep pinnatifida in shape!!! i tried once and this plant I found is one of the toughest to maintain its shape. please share some tips here... :)
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

SanamMarik wrote:1) in the layout for the bg part only, the plants are narrower at the center and broader towards the very end. I cant recall correctly where i read this for Dutch tanks, it says, to provide the dof effect, the broader part should be at the front and narrowed down and elevated towards the back.
Now days the trend of plantations is changing. Please see the well known tank of Tom Barr. Grouping the plant is must in Dutch style. Actually there are no specific rules for Dutch Style. I have also posted on facebook and get advice of some senior aquascapers. I may be wrong, but Please post here the rules.
SanamMarik wrote:urs is like \/ and what i read was /\. see if this makes any sense.
I am agree, I made the same lane from corners to middle but my plan will clear after proper growth of plants.
SanamMarik wrote:Another point is please enlighten me, how are you planning to keep pinnatifida in shape!!! i tried once and this plant I found is one of the toughest to maintain its shape.
I would like to keep same height of the group. I am agree to your point, the growth and shape of this plant do not allow to much work for maintain the shape of group. I have tie up these plants on a wood, so no problem in removing these. I found, it is difficult to maintain their shape, I will remove these plants.

A lot of thanks for these questions.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
SanamMarik
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Big bro, below is the link where i guess i have read abt that planting procedurr to increase dof.
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/cras ... ping.8713/

Search for the paragraph starting with "
Typical for the Dutch Style"... :)
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

SanamMarik wrote: I cant recall correctly where i read this for Dutch tanks, it says, to provide the dof effect, the broader part should be at the front and narrowed down and elevated towards the back.
it does make some sense coolbig , but i am yet to see it documented somewhere(probably because i have not tried searching for Dutch tanks oopsbig )
Sushant
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

SanamMarik wrote:Big bro, below is the link where i guess i have read abt that planting procedurr to increase dof.
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/cras ... ping.8713/

Search for the paragraph starting with "
Typical for the Dutch Style"... :)
thanks for posting this,i am sure this is going to be a good read.
Sushant
SanamMarik
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

The thread mostly talks abt NBAT rules. Hiwever i chose to ignore a few as i hav no interest in NBAT competition... :D :P
Its upto the aquarist, which ones suits their taste... ;)
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

SanamMarik wrote:The thread mostly talks abt NBAT rules. Hiwever i chose to ignore a few as i hav no interest in NBAT competition... :D :P
Its upto the aquarist, which ones suits their taste... ;)
I read these rules, they are helpful.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Update: As on today.

Most of the plants are growing very well. I happy with the growth. But Alternanthera reineckii and Hygrophila araguaia are not growing and I have to replace both of these plants. Planning to remove Ceratopteris siliquosa. In place of Ceratopteris siliquosa, I want to add Proserpinaca palustris. In place of Alternanthera reineckii, the substitute will be Ludwigia repens super red.
Full Tank Shot.
Dutch29042016A.jpg
[/align]

Don't know why my camera is not clicking good pictures.

Still waiting some Cryptocoryne tropica.

Comments are most welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Dutch Style>>Update 29 April, 2016>>Page 2

Unread post by vikramdutta11 »

Good going dada