Some more bettas

Forum for discuss about Betta fish.
syed.ali
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: Some more bettas

Unread post by syed.ali »

Romi wrote:can the fry eat vinegar eels? Ishaan might be able to grow them. they are very easy... relatively easy, i mean. :roll:
I have got the culture going, but not tried it yet. Its lil time consuming as we have to filter out the eels. its not easy like MW :( that you just move the stick on the container side wall, thats it.

So waitin for them to grow in quantity so that i have some decent amt when i filter.

Frys are not for sale :) as of now, so sorry ishaan. I have many friends to take care in delhi itself first before i venture out
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

there is a site somewhere that explains how to harvest vinegar eels with a narrow-necked glass flask and some paper (coffee filter paper). if u like, i can find it for you. ...

these eels can live almost indefinately in their apple cider medium, ali. so do not under-rate them. ... and they are a size smaller than microworms.

bappa would appreciate a culture very much since he has hungry pipefish.
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ishaan »

syed.ali wrote:
Romi wrote: Frys are not for sale :) as of now, so sorry ishaan. I have many friends to take care in delhi itself first before i venture out
no problem just keep me in the list after delhi hobbyist :adore
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
syed.ali

ishaan wrote:no problem just keep me in the list after delhi hobbyist :adore
hahaha you are in list, dont worry, its just that my frys to adulthood conversion rate is not that great :) so count is less.
Romi wrote:there is a site somewhere that explains how to harvest vinegar eels with a narrow-necked glass flask and some paper (coffee filter paper). if u like, i can find it for you. ...

these eels can live almost indefinately in their apple cider medium, ali. so do not under-rate them. ... and they are a size smaller than microworms.

Yep i read that, will try that too. Right now work load is huge to catching and next week i am gone be bachelor again for 15 days So will work then;)

Sure i will share with all who need it.
Rohit1076
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Rohit1076 »

Hey Syed,

Nice Bettas..... :clap

Once my Black Dragon HM gets ok ...... we can get them breeding...... :adore
Thanks & Regards,
Rohit Sharma
+91-9999777705 (Del)
+91-8861063700 (Blr)

"If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid"
syed.ali

Yep waiting for that and Red Plakat both :D
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

Romi wrote:there is a site somewhere that explains how to harvest vinegar eels with a narrow-necked glass flask and some paper (coffee filter paper). if u like, i can find it for you. ...

but the vinegar eels due to low nutritional value should only be used in the initial phases of the fries.
Sushant
syed.ali

yep, true for vinegar eel, but they offer alternative and variety :)
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

sushant wrote:

but the vinegar eels due to low nutritional value should only be used in the initial phases of the fries.
No live food is ever complete in itself. Many people regard even the famous brine shrimp as low-nutrient.

So i always suggest and use infusoria, egg yolk, microworms, ground lakes, pulverised tetrabitpowder etc. blended or alternated. No single food always ever.

But maybe Hikari's first bites..?? Ali might know..
syed.ali

Romi wrote:But maybe Hikari's first bites..?? Ali might know..
Got it 2 days back, have started trying it, But not sure if they have like it or not as i didnt see the frys running around to eat it like they do for MW. I am really hopin that they do start taking it