Fan with holder

Post the details about DIY Projects.
syed.ali
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Fan with holder

Unread post by syed.ali »

I wanted to put a fan on a 2 ft tank, Which i have in room which is exposed to sun a lot.

So i had bought a DC fan, so that i dont have to buy a adaptor, the fan cost about 150.

In order to hold it, i had old Glass holder, i dont remember seeing it recently in mrkt, it has stopped coming, but since it was laying useless, i picked it.

Fan had 4 holes on each corner, got 2 inch straigh screw, passed it through the glass holder and the fan.

My fan is ready.

It is sooo effective that my tank in evening is literally cold, not cool. So i have to stop it at evening.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mats
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Fan with holder

Unread post by mats »

Nice
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

i got a similar fan two years ago with Rajiv's help. it stalled after 2 months.

where did u buy this one and is this brand still available?
syed.ali

I bought it from 1 of randoms shops in bhagirat palace, i bought it about 6 months back, I guss it should be available
juanico

Unread post by juanico »

syed.ali wrote: In order to hold it, i had old Glass holder,
thats a good idea :idea:
syed.ali

thanks zojtek :)
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

syed.ali wrote:I wanted to put a fan on a 2 ft tank, Which i have in room which is exposed to sun a lot.

So i had bought a DC fan, so that i dont have to buy a adaptor, the fan cost about 150.

In order to hold it, i had old Glass holder, i dont remember seeing it recently in mrkt, it has stopped coming, but since it was laying useless, i picked it.

Fan had 4 holes on each corner, got 2 inch straigh screw, passed it through the glass holder and the fan.

My fan is ready.

It is sooo effective that my tank in evening is literally cold, not cool. So i have to stop it at evening.
this is a AC fan, i have been using it for almost 3 months now with no problem. its easily available in Nehru Place though the price may be slightly on the higher side.
Sushant
syed.ali

As the heat soared further it was time to get some more fans. I lost all my neons in tank which is kept in room, which is usually cool as it has desert cooler running, but still temp soared.

Visited nehru place. Got some fans and adapter

old computer fans costed me 20/- each and Adapter i picked up HP old adapter for 100/-. I could have bought new adapter, but HP adapter any day better than local/chinese adapter available.

Spent total of 160/-, got 1 adapter 3 fans. In fans also i picked up 1 Intel and 1 AMD OEM fans.

Then i got 1 glass holder, which is usually sold on all hardware store by the name of "D"

Screws and washer i have plenty of them at home, never throw out old screws from electicals spares :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
syed.ali

Here is the finished product.

Good part with these D is that they have screws using which you can tighten up the fitting on the glass. Since i am using small fans, single D is fine, but in bigger one, we can fit 2 of those, on 2 different sides, to mount on corner or both on same side to mount in center of tank
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Nice arrangement to install fan. :clp
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda