Facing Problem in timer

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
Meem
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Facing Problem in timer

Unread post by Meem »

Hi Guys
currently i am facing problem in my (Frontier Brand)timer that when the voltage is low the timer don't passes the current to switch on light is there any solution or alternative for this problem other then the stabilizer coz i already have it
I'm whAt I'm !
nash81
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Facing Problem in timer

Unread post by nash81 »

Hi,

Thats a good thing cause low voltages can damage a lot of your equipment. Also the operational voltage of that timer is 220V, so if your voltage is droping below 185V then it will stop working, now that is not an issue with the timer, but the device you are operating and the voltage you are receving. Stabilizers can solve it or using a Computer UPS before the time can help too.

Regards
Nirav.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Stabliser will not solve your problem, use a CVT (Constant Voltage Transfer). This device is also work as stabilizer and regulate output volatge. If you use UPS, power will be continue after power off or low voltage. In low voltage a UPS automatically runs on backup. If you will not able to notice the the power cut or low voltage after backtime all of your devices will be off.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
nash81
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nash81 »

CVTs are better but there are a few things to consider.

CVT functions at a very high level of flux density and the resonating tank circuit is working all the time whether the load is connected or not. The no load current of the CVT are as high as 40% and therefore it heats up under no load condition.
Also all CVTs make an audible noise.

A Good ups will have a voltage stabilizer built into it and Can handle a lot higher range of Input voltage, A CVT will cease to operate normally if the voltage drop is below 180V.

Regards
Nirav.
Meem
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Meem »

nash81 wrote:Hi,

Stabilizers can solve it or using a Computer UPS before the time can help too.

Regards
Nirav.
Hi Nirav
My light cut of for more then 6 to 7hrs so i have no option left even for good UPS :?
I'm whAt I'm !
nash81
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nash81 »

Hi,

The UPS will only solve your problem of low voltage, the Power Cuts, only god can help you with that. :)

Regards
Nirav